PDA

View Full Version : New Lincoln Collector

doleod
06-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone, I have very recently gotten into collecting Lincoln cents about 2-3 weeks ago. My collection is, well to say the least, lacking atm, however I am dilegently working my way though cans, rolls, and piles of circulated cents. I have used the LCR and it is an amazing resource, and I decided to register for the forums to post a couple coins that I have questions on (photo's coming soon). I work as a customer service rep and have been getting into this hobby to eat up my spare time.

Edit: Quick question, what would be the best way to photograph small details of cents? I'm looking for a camera, but most of the ones my friends/relatives have have very blurry images when photographing close up.

mustbebob
06-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the LCR. We are glad you're here. Please feel free to ask anything here as we have many knowledgeable folks who frequent this forum. Take pics when you can, and someone will always get back to you.

pennies4pennies
06-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Welcome aboard!!! You will like it here. There is so much knowledge. Everyone here are very friendly and I must say they help me out many,many times.

lineop3
06-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello and welcome to LCR!
I suppose any camera will do as long as you have a good loupe. (Unless it's built in). 10x, 60x, & 200x pixels is whats' used for closeups. 200x being the strongest and harder to focus.
I personally use a computer camera, Digital Blue QX5, and a Kodak camera with a 10x loupe.

Aisha

Steven
06-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome. If you have a macro setting take the photos with that stting and for the closeups they would be much better if you had a loupe or some type of magnification lens to place in front of the camera lense when taking the photos. Takes a little getting used to like that.

RWBILLER
06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
welcome to LCR
roger