Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1972 DDO #4 Woo Hoo !!!

Additional Information
    Date: 1972
    Variety: DDO
    Mint: Philadelphia
    Coppercoins: 1972P-1DO-004

Just pulled this few minutes ago !. Pics are not great I know..I do better in natural daylight but I couldn't wait.This bag also yielded a 1980-1DO-001 after a long streak of about 3 bags with nothing notable.Christmas came early
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's the big one you've got there...SUPER congrats! Where do you get your coins/bags from?

3. Thanks RWBILLER, Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my! And I thought my Christmas Wish List coming true early was good. That's A Super Find, Big Congrats!

5. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simonm View Post
    Wow, that's the big one you've got there...SUPER congrats! Where do you get your coins/bags from?

OK...just pulled 1971P-1DO-002 about 20 coins later.This is a good bag. But to answer your question,I get my bags from my credit union...they are very helpful and told me if I dump on Wednesdays, they ship to the Fed on Thursday morning...so I am very fortunate in that respect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    A wonder coin! Now you got to check the stage. It looks like a later stage 3 ( I think) because of the amount of rim cuds. That coin looks like one that was just before the die disintigrated! You MUST have that coin slabbed - by anacs or pcgs. Depending on grade it could be worth at least 1500+. We found three. One was a au50 that wr sold and is the one in coppercoins, the other was a ngc ms62rb that we traded. The last we have is very nice and has almost the same rim. Our first had no rim cuds. Don't forget to look for the stage d or e that has the replaced obverse die but still has the reverse die. I think wexler has a site somewhere. If I was you - and no matter how tempted you are to sell - DON'T get rid of it. There may be less than a couple of dozen of them. Although we did benefit from our sale/trade - I regret what I did more than any transaction I ever did.
    It is one of the Lincoln sets wonder coins.
    Congrats - congrats - congrats!!!!!
    Roger
    Roger
    ""Time and Tide wait for no man"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I've got a question...what makes this one so expensive? Sure, I guess there's only a few of them, but at least to my eyes, the doubling doesn't seem significant. Not trying to crash the party, you should still be celebrating

Post Thanks / Like
    The rarity of the coin is the main reason it is expensive. The other reason is that there are alot of collectors that try to put the nine different vararities of 1972-p ddo's together. There are more ghan nine but the first nine are the major ones.
    Roger
    Roger
    ""Time and Tide wait for no man"

10. Thanks Maineman750, simonm thanked for this post
    TPG & Market Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, noo, naw...

If I didn't have exactly the same Karma last night I wouldn't even believe it! Nice job Roger!!!!
    [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Chris & Charity Welch- [COLOR=red]LIVEAN[/COLOR][COLOR=black]DIE[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]VARIETIES[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Purveyors of Modern Treasure [/FONT]

12. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the encouragement and advice guys.....have pulled four DDO's out of this bag ..1972D-1DO-002 plus the three I already mentioned...plus a 98 WAM...and I'm only half way through the bag. I wonder if somebody's collection got recycled ?

Founder: Lincoln Cent Resource Brad's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great find. That is one the top of most die variety collectors want lists...including mine.

15. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post