Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    AgCollector
    I would also add 2004 DDR to the list- it's pretty major, at least, it rates 3 stars on coppercoins.

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the things a lot of people tend to forget is that ALL of these major varieties were completely unheard of at one time after their issue. ALL of them had to be 'discovered'.

In that, looking ONLY for the major stuff that's known could keep YOU from being the discoverer of yet another major find.

The best way to look through memorials is to first sort them by date, then go through each different date and mintmark with a fine tooth comb looking for 'anything' that's different from the norm. This is how I came to discover over 200 different 'new dies' over my time searching.

Limiting yourself to what's "known" only knocks you out of being a discoverer...probably not a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coppercoins, very true. If one is going to search, do it right. Look at ALL THE COIN,
    every coin. Treat each coin the same. Check every detail--lettering, dates, all design elements. New finds are out there. We are both living proof that new finds are indeed out there. Searchers should discipline themselves to search every detail of the coin. If they don't want to or feel like they don't have the time, then lay them aside until you can make the time. I have new finds on corroded coins, which is why i am called Corroded. Tell them, Chuck--check them all!

Bill

lcaryy65
    I am a visual person. How do I find Pics of these Memorials.

AgCollector
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaryy65 View Post
    I am a visual person. How do I find Pics of these Memorials.
    My opinions:

Online, your best bet is www.coppercoins.com

Offline, your best bet is Billy Crawford's recent work:

http://www.dvnmagazine.com/Volume_II.html

mousey70
    The 1994-p has two different 165 degree rotations. Clockwise,CW, and counterclockwise,CCW. Does anyone know of any other cent with equal but opposite rotations or DDO's and opposite DDR's or any other errors?
    Agcollector has both 1994's , CW and CCW.

Moderator, Die & Variety Expert jcuve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mousey70 View Post
    The 1994-p has two different 165 degree rotations. Clockwise,CW, and counterclockwise,CCW. Does anyone know of any other cent with equal but opposite rotations or DDO's and opposite DDR's or any other errors?
    Agcollector has both 1994's , CW and CCW.
    Go here, they have a nice list of rotated dies on American coinage:

http://www.rotateddies.com/census.htm

Jason Cuvelier

MadDieClashes.com - ErrorVariety.com
    TrailDies.com - Error-ref.com - Port.Cuvelier.org
    CONECA

(images © Jason Cuvelier 2008-18)___________________

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brad for the list of Memorial cents, we would be grateful if one day triple teaches us and shows the list of wheat cents, Thank you in advance,
    Celin

Jim
    Brad you are the bomb man..... Thanks Jim

Chris Murphy
    Brad how long have you been collecting Lincoln's for? Your aqumamumlation is unprecedented. Thanks for always sharing them.

Christopher-