Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadauss View Post
    Not trying to drag this thread on Ray, but these pics are so beautiful. You might want to explain with the bellows and decoupling the camera from the lens for all because in your setup you do not show a camera at the top. Or am I missing something? Thanks.
    Nope, you got it right. No camera is shown because I used it to take the pics of the setup

In fact, this capability was a prime reason for putting this sort of setup together, so I could use my camera for coin photography, remove it from the setup for family, ebay, whatever photos, then go right back to taking coin pics AS IF I WAS CHANGING A LENS.

That's the key, ie the setup appears to the camera as if it's a manual lens. The bellows allows magnification adjustment, while the actual lens mounted on the bellows has the aperture adjustment. The microscope stand moves it all up and down to adjust focus.

It is important that whatever DSLR you choose for such a setup be able to work with manual lenses. I think most DSLR's will "work" with manual lenses, though some offer more functionality than others. Ultimately, if the DSLR can be "tethered" to your PC to control its functions, provide a preview of the image for focusing, etc this is the recommended way of using a setup like this.

Hope this explanation helps with understanding the setup...Ray

2. Thanks Amadauss thanked for this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would thank you twice if I could

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kloccwork419 View Post
    I would thank you twice if I could
    Too cool! Glad the information is useful.

Now how about another coin from the roll. Here's #4:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im trying..Hopefully Ill get it tonight. I have a Canon T3. Its a good camera but I just dont fully understand it yet..
    I can take perfect closeup with no issues at all. Its my full pics that dont make me happy. Hope all your setting work with mine

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! Truly, thank you for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, one more and I will pause for a while. Here is #5, which has a reverse I am in love with:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are 3 more toners from the same roll of 1957-D. Just 11 more to image...Ray

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Awe

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful pictures. it really brings out all the color and detail to the coin. I would say your photos look better then the pros, o wait nvm im guessing you are the pro! anways awesome pictures thanks for the information too.
    Casey Parman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pman860507 View Post
    Beautiful pictures. it really brings out all the color and detail to the coin. I would say your photos look better then the pros, o wait nvm im guessing you are the pro! anways awesome pictures thanks for the information too.
    Thanks pman and Coppertop! I'm no pro, just a collector who wanted to document his collection but was dissatisfied with my options and had to figure out the best way to do it, and I'm still trying to do better...Ray