Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TPG & Market Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a classic scam, all you'll find is common date circ wheats inside. Those rolls didn't even exist in 1909. Run, run fast and far from that listing.
    [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Chris & Charity Welch- [COLOR=red]LIVEAN[/COLOR][COLOR=black]DIE[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]VARIETIES[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Purveyors of Modern Treasure [/FONT]

2. Thanks N/A, tea-party, Amadauss thanked for this post
    jhcons
    Glad I stuck to my guns and would not go over a certain price I set for myself. Well good now I can use my energy focusing on other things Like figuring out how to post pictures in threads that are all on one page. And again thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jhcons View Post
    ray, I have been trying to win one of these auctions for the past few nights
    After reading your post. That has more fuz all over the ends. What is your take on it.
    Well, if I stated my opinion of these types of rolls I might be booted off the group for my bad language...

What I can say is these are not OBW rolls. There is no question. These are "fantasy rolls" made up for folks hoping for treasure. That said, I won't recommend against buying them, as they might be full of BU 1909VDBs for all I know. Just be aware that these are not OBW and thus can't be trusted to contain what they appear to contain...

Post Thanks / Like
    There are seven of those rolls all with tails/tails and VDBs on both ends and no other rolls.
    It's amazing how many fantasy rolls are always listed, always they have a rare coin or silver dime or something on the end, I've even seen some with a gold dollar on one end barely held in place by one edge of the paper.

People like bidding on "grab bags" so this stuff will always be selling even though everything points to them being set up.

jhcons
    I read probably 10 pages of his feedback or the other person that is selling them also and for the most part feedback was ok but he had on average 2 negative feedbacks per page of 50 I think. Those saying they were crap. The other 98 % said they were great. No million dollar coins but were nice. Glad I shied away. Think I tried it three nights in a row but would not go over $35.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it is this seller or another one but I know a person who has purchased several of these. They got them for wildly different prices. I think one sold for $70, and the other for $700. Well, guess what? The $700 roll had a Gold Dollar in it, plus a couple other interesting coins. The $70 had a few nice Indian Cents. What I think is the seller (I am not accusing the seller linked to in this post, as I don't think it was the same one my associate purchased from) builds the roll up based on the final selling price, and tries to give some decent value in the roll so that the buyers don't come after him for fraud. It's not a bad way of doing business, especially for the treasure hunting crowd, but I guarantee you won't make any money off that sort of scam. The seller probably always puts in 50% or whatever of actual value based on final selling price of the auction. This is just a supposition on my part based on a couple of actual lots I know about, and I may be wrong, but it seems to fit...

8. Thanks N/A, papascoins thanked for this post
    Garrettsdaddy
    Awesome guide for beginners, well written and easy to understand. Thank you.

pelidaniel
    Great guide and easy to follow, thanks for the info, I never looked at any of detail you mention on your post, maybe that's why I never got anything good before.

Randyman
    Great advice I have just learned a ton,Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a link to OBW prices?

In a large Cent collection I just picked up with there are over 200 rolls in Nickel Tube Boxes marked OBW. The rolls are in nickel tubes. Three of the rolls are neat but I don't think there OBW's. One is a 1944-D 25 PENNIES roll and 2 1959's (1 P & 1 D) that look sweet. The 59's are stamped "RK STIMPLER" Collection Boston, Mass and each has a ID number ie 040058 & 044077.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.