Hello All,
Been a while since I last posted - been busy doing the conservation thing on my 20K plus Wheaties - and learning a lot in the process. Although the process is tedious [anything done RIGHT takes time!], I am sold on BadThad's cleaning ladder: Distilled Water, 24 hour soak in Acetone, then immediate dry w/ soft, lint-free towel. After 30 + years in industrial maintenance and suffering some bad experiences with Xylene, I will stick with Acetone. Now, on to the reason for my post . . . . . . In reading coin blogs regarding coin cleaners, I have encountered many, many discussions and questions regarding MS70 Coin Cleaner. It seems that everyone [myself included] wants to know what chemical ingredients are in this stuff. I googled the MSDS for MS70, which [by law] lists the active - and inert - ingredients. Here is a link to the MSDS: http://www.translinesupply.com/PDF/MDSSHEETS/MS707530.MSDS.pdf . I don't have a good enough background in Chemistry to know how these ingredients actually affect copper coins - but I know there are a few experts in this area on LCS. Perhaps you experts can take a gander at this MSDS and translate it for us more mechanically inclined collectors and let us know whether this stuff is worth using.
Thanks In Advance!!!

Danoman