Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. In a recent thread found here we started a discussion on proper terminology that we all can be in agreement on so that when a new post or thread is created everyone is clear on what the original poster (OP) is trying to show us. Will stepped up to the plate and offered to spearhead the mission by compiling a list that will be open for discussion as needed.

I'd like Will to begin these threads and give us something to consider when he is ready, and then we can all get involved at that point. Any modifications or agreements to what Will posts can be talked about in this section then and after a consensus is reached I or a Moderator can add that terminology to the sticky list.

If there are other thoughts and ideas on this process please chime in and we can amend it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. That's why I posted a link. If we make a list, it wont be any different from many other lists. We can add one to the quick links or something but a definition is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Peter is going to make a highlighted directory over terms in the messages, it might be beneficial. I've seen it on different sites. Like "DDO" Doubled Die Obverse. When this is in a post it is able to be clicked on and the link would show it's meaning to a dictionary. Then it would be use fill, especially for new posters. It is what he intends to do with that would make it necessary.
    Richard S. Cooper Some have asked about my images I use, and I'm glad to say I've completed a DVD of these. Ask if you are interested. Newer members like these.

4. Thanks kloccwork419, tea-party, N/A thanked for this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a cool idea. I like that coop

TPG & Market Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see any harm in involving membership in a discussion of terms- if anything it will bring a greater awareness of terminology.

Of course my son's English teacher could just hand him a dictionary and say her job was done...
    [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Chris & Charity Welch- [COLOR=red]LIVEAN[/COLOR][COLOR=black]DIE[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]VARIETIES[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Purveyors of Modern Treasure [/FONT]

7. Thanks josht thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I would appreciate the opportunity to make a mission statement and explain why I think it would beneficial. I will start a new thread about it today, and then you can beat me up to your heart's content. Thank you.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

9. Thanks liveandievarieties, josht thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already see a slight problem in that some are talking terminology and others are talking about acronyms.

TPG & Market Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    LET'S DO THIS:

Would anyone consider letting Will (who has volunteered) take the lead here so that we can see what we are all hotly debating?

I don't understand the negativity involved in something that can only benefit those who partake.
    [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Chris & Charity Welch- [COLOR=red]LIVEAN[/COLOR][COLOR=black]DIE[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]VARIETIES[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

12. Thanks onecent1909 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

If there are other thoughts and ideas on this process please chime in and we can amend it.

Good idea Chris....but this thread was an invitation to discussion..whether it was intended or not.

TPG & Market Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess everyone is entitled to publicly post their opinion... I was thinking more about comments related to ACHEIVING this project, but we can discuss it's merits while discussing terms.