Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbebob View Post
    This will teach me for replying to a request to chime in and discuss.
    Yup...me too.
    Charles D. Daughtrey, NLG, Author, "Looking Through Lincoln Cents"
    [URL="http://www.coppercoins.com/"]http://www.coppercoins.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok--lets stop now. While I appreciate all of these opinions I should not have used the word discussion and had no clue that it would lead to this. I did not mean it to discuss the merits of doing this or not. Moot point--it is being done. I only meant it in the spirit Chris originally presented where it could be used as an educational tool that would lead to discussion on the terminology itself.

I'd rather members be pointed to an internal link on this site as opposed to being taken off site for information as Jody pointed out. I'm not looking to come up with anything new or earth shaking--just a list of terminology, acronyms etc that we can all agree on. It's simple. Use this site, use external sites, go wherever you want. Yes it exists in hundreds of other threads in bits and pieces. Yes it exists on dozens of other websites. So what? I have a book shelf of coin books and dozens on Lincolns alone. Should I have stopped buying books after I had my first?

Chris had the good idea to involve everyone and make it a learning process. We could have just made a list, posted it and announced it. No one would have said a word then and it would have just been another added forum. At the very least it will be more visible now instead of being buried in a menu item that no one knew existed. I have a huge bucket list of additions and upgrades for this site to make it more sticky and this is one of them.