Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

1. Ok, we got to a point where we thought this was ready to post. The list can be seen here: http://www.lincolncentresource.net/f...504#post231504
    We added about 60 new entries. We also eliminated about 15 entries, mostly because they were not Lincoln cent related.
    Some other entries were changed or edited. (I realize CUD and BIE are neither acronyms nor abbreviations, but I put them in anyway because they may be easily mistaken as such.) I would like to invite you to peruse the list and if you notice something Lincoln cent related that is missing and should be added, or if you see something incorrect, please chime it. This is NOT an invitation to opine on why we are doing this, or how we are doing this, etc. Also, a glossary is under construction so that these terms (and others) can be defined and illustrated for reference. It will be a separate list. Thank you to everyone who chooses to participate in helping to improve the LCR! Also, thanks to Peter, Roger, Chris, Jody, and Alex for their participation in this process.

Edit: I see I have TDV in the wrong place alphabetically. Crud. Let me know any other edits, please.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 09-24-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

2. Thanks jallengomez, trails, josht thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this one as well; PIDT - Progressive Indirect Design Transfer

http://www.error-ref.com/progressive...transfer-.html

BJ Neff
    ANA, CCC, CONECA, FUN, Fly-In-Club, NLG & "The Error-Variety Education Consortium"

4. Thanks willbrooks, jallengomez thanked for this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen the 2009 abbreviations you use in wide use (actually I have never seen some of them used), but I do often see the Mint's abbreviations used - LP1, LP2, LP3, and LP4 (and the LP stands for Lincoln Penny).

I believe the official name for the first design is "Birth & Childhood" - not "Early Childhood"
    Charles D. Daughtrey, NLG, Author, "Looking Through Lincoln Cents"
    [URL="http://www.coppercoins.com/"]http://www.coppercoins.com[/URL]

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, Chuck. These were late additions I made to the list and admittedly wasn't positive on those. I was going by what I remember seeing people use in posts and on other websites and I have definitely seen EC, FY and PL. Anyway, your post prompted me to do a google search. I found a couple of sources that calls them "Birth and Early Childhood," but most places have shortened that to just "Early Childhood."
    PCGS puts "Early Childhood" on their slabs.
    Wexler also calls it just "Early Childhood" on their site.

So, although "Birth and Early Childhood" is most correct, I don't see people using that or using an acronym for it. I could certainly be wrong on that. I think at the very least we should add the "Birth" part in the description somehow. I like the addition of the LP#s for sure. Very good info. Thank you.

edit: I added the LP#s and I also added the phrase "Formally called 'Birth and Early Childhood'" to the EC listing. This will be reflected when we do the next update on the listing thread.
    Also made several other additions from Jason and also added CC= www.coppercoins.com and OP= Original Poster offered by John Onecent1909. It is great to have folks chiming in. It will certainly only make it all the better.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 09-24-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It actually Birthplace in Kentucky but I only seen Early Childhood used

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the acronyms used in both the die clash and the cud sites.

ADC = atypical die clash
    CCL(TI) = counterclash (Type I)
    CCL(TII) = counterclash (Type II)
    DC = die clash
    FDC = floating die clash
    MDC = misaligned die clash
    TDC = typical die clash

CU = cud
    IDB = interior die break
    RCD = retained cud
    RIDB = retained interior die break
    SD = split die

BJ Neff
    ANA, CCC, CONECA, FUN, Fly-In-Club, NLG & "The Error-Variety Education Consortium"

Moderator, Die & Variety Expert jcuve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the proprietary terms couldn't have a small site name in parenthesis...

Like:

ADC = atypical die clash (used on Maddieclashes.com)

Jason Cuvelier

MadDieClashes.com - ErrorVariety.com
    TrailDies.com - Error-ref.com - Port.Cuvelier.org
    CONECA

(images © Jason Cuvelier 2008-18)___________________

10. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcuve View Post
    I wonder if the proprietary terms couldn't have a small site name in parenthesis...

Like:

ADC = atypical die clash (used on Maddieclashes.com)
    I just finished a bunch of edits and have sent Peter a message to post the new list, replacing the old one (unless you can do it Roger) The way I did the proprietary terms is now like this:

ADC= maddieclashes.com Atypical Die Clash

or

FDC= maddieclashes.com Floating Die Clash prefix

Trouble is, I am not certain on a couple of them if they are to be used as prefixes or just general terms. After Peter or Roger publishes the edited list, please look at it again for anything proprietary I may have missed or if I have something labeled as a prefix that isn't, etc. Thank you!
    edit: I'm thinking Jason's way of listing in parentheses may be easier to view and understand.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 09-25-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to those of you who are still offering additions. Got some more on the list (such as FG and K# and others) and will have them uploaded to the public page soon. Keep them coming!