Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Whiiiizzzed. Notice the polished look of the surfaces and devices and the numerous bristle marks that are present from the polishing brush. Heavily whizzed coins also lose most if not all of the normal surface markings such as die flow evidence and die polish lines that would be present on a normal example.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.”

2. Thanks willbrooks thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jallengomez View Post
    Whiiiizzzed. Notice the polished look of the surfaces and devices and the numerous bristle marks that are present from the polishing brush. Heavily whizzed coins also lose most if not all of the normal surface markings such as die flow evidence and die polish lines that would be present on a normal example.
    You da man! Thanks, bud.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will,

Here is one I found in a roll. Looks like an orange peel but cleaned also but not sure how. And I could be completely wrong on it cleaned but does not look normal. If you want it let me know, will send it to you.

Mike

5. Thanks willbrooks thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, ill Will, I just finished re-searching the box I thought had the extreme orange peel....no luck...sorry...knew I should have stuck it in a 2x2

7. Thanks willbrooks thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Here is my 1922 no D with strong reverse. This is my opinion, but it may be wrong. If I'm wrong please tell me so. The coin is in about good to good condition in my estimation. You can let me know what you think. If the coin and the pictures are satisfactory you have my permission to use them. Thanks, Joel

Joel, I think you have the correct attributes on your coin for the 1922 No D Die Pair #2. (The most desireable).
    Check out LCR's Page for that here: http://www.lincolncentresource.com/1...varieties.html
    Mark

9. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Willbrooks, I am sorry I missed you request. I will get you a more focused obverse. Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Willbrooks, Here is a more focused photo of my 1922 no D obverse. It is about the best I can do. I have a Canon PowerShot A590 with an 10x lens and have to hold it as steady as I can. Hope this is Ok. Thanks and sorry I didn't see your reply from last week. Joel
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Thanks willbrooks thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who has pitched in! I am now looking for a retained struck-through. I seem to remember someone posting a really cool struck-through cloth that still had the cloth stuck in the coin, but I cannot find it now. Let me know if you can help. Thanks!

Also, Chris sent me some nice photos of a cast counterfeit, but I am looking for a struck counterfeit example of a Lincoln cent.

Edit: Coop hooked me up with the retained struck-through for which I was looking. Thank you, Coop!
    Last edited by willbrooks; 06-05-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Registered User pennies4pennies's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, Chris sent me some nice photos of a cast counterfeit, but I am looking for a struck counterfeit example of a Lincoln cent.

Hey I got some counterfeit Lincoln cents.
    1909S - 1
    1909S VDB- 3 OF THEM
    1914D - 4 OF THEM
    1913S - 2
    1955 DDO - 3 OF THEM
    1911S - 4 of them
    1922 NO D - 2 of them
    Last edited by pennies4pennies; 07-01-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others
    http://stores.ebay.com/pennies4pennies

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pennies4pennies View Post

Hey I got some counterfeit Lincoln cents.
    1909S - 1
    1909S VDB- 3 OF THEM
    1914D - 4 OF THEM
    1913S - 2
    1955 DDO - 3 OF THEM
    1911S - 4 of them
    1922 NO D - 2 of them
    Frank.....here is a thread that could use your counterfeits http://lincolncentresource.net/forum...ad.php?t=33541

16. Thanks pennies4pennies thanked for this post