Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Hybrid View

RSS News Delivery
    Post Thanks / Like

1974-D Aluminum Lincoln Cent Returned to US Mint

The only known 1974-D aluminum Lincoln cent has been returned to the United States Mint after decades in private possession and a short legal battle. Randall Lawrence and Michael McConnell...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

More...

2. Thanks cranky thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am new at coin collecting, I am wonder why exactly are these coins illegal to have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Click on "more" and it explains why.

5. Thanks willbrooks thanked for this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineman750 View Post
    Click on "more" and it explains why.
    It appears zero evidence existed, other than unsworn assertions, for the Court's declaration for relief and the court demanded none.

It is hard to imagine USAG's acquiescing and remaining silent on such a key issue.

I see no mention of sworn affidavits although any that could possibly be produced would all likely be seeded from hearsay.

It would seem quite reasonable unless some real affluenza or skeletal-burial type politics were involved, for the court to have demanded the "retirement " terms speaking to token souvenirs, to have been substantiated with official documentation.

How absurd is it for anyone to believe that Federal Government or quasi-government employees retire with verbally conveyed benefits and terms?

I am not sure if US Mint employees are part of the US Treasury. If so, they are not Federal Government employees.

I'm not saying the guy pilfered it and had no legal claim to the coin, but, it sure doesn't appear to me any legal rights to it were proven.

Very odd, damnedest thing I've seen in a while.