Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Eisenhower Dollar 1973-S Proof ,40 % silver DDO

1973-S Proof Eisenhower dollar 40 % Silver /Proof. DDO Look at the date thats just a tinsy bit spread. But the "In God We Trust" has a medium spread. Coneca-Unknown Cherry Pickers Guide, Fouth edition volume 2 Page 362

Any opinions are very much welcome,Thanks in advance Mike in maine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a heck of a coin to get pics of or look at with light Looks like a DDO to me also... There are several folks here that collect these (Wish I could remember who)!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks was wondering id I was seeing things here. I would gladly sell this coin not one of my favorites. But I do think its really Kool.

Post Thanks / Like
    I collect varieties on all denominations, not just Lincoln's. There are literally hundreds of DDO's and DDR's for the Eisenhower dollars. The series is also plagued with master die doubling issues much like the 1972 Lincoln cents. I feel that some of the Eisenhower varieties can be among the most difficult of all varieties in any series to attribute. Be sure to check out The Ike Group website to learn more:

http://www.ikegroup.info/

You have to agree to a disclaimer, the navigate to the main site.

Nice coin and good luck if you decide to attribute it! Also, be sure to check the reverse stars of notching as well. There are several DDO/DDR combo's. Happy searching!!

5. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, duece2seven, Frank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I will Heed your valued advice. I am new to this. Not in any way shape form or manner an Excuse. Just information. I love the Lincoln cents. However I have a very few other coins I am interested in also. The entire Numismatics scene is prepossessing.Money is not the Root of all Evil. People are. Money is Kool!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love these. I wish there was more info on the Ike varieties. Not sure on the ddo but that is definitely one very deep cameo specimen! It looks flawless except for a few "fuzzies" on the obverse. Just for curiosities sake I just checked the PCGS price guide for this one: $3,350 for Pr70 DCAM! Good luck with the attribution.

Tracy

9. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post