Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am Scope

Post Thanks / Like
    from your link The MICRODIRECT 1080P HDMI HANDHELD DIGITAL MICROSCOPE.

Tip... when using a pole stand. After you get the focus and lighting set for the group of coins your searching. Put the coin on a slip of paper and slide the coin under the scope moving the paper to position the coin. Also if the scope has a auto focus. Once you get it to focus and the light adjust is set, turn off the auto focus. This is because when you slide out the slip of paper the background color is different and the scope wants to refocus and this will slow down your searching.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, I use a Dino-Lite AM-411T and their pole stand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is just a wonderful idea, thank you so very much for that. Saw the video on the Celestron, if that is what you in reference to, and do not believe it has the auto focus feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Old View Post
    from your link The MICRODIRECT 1080P HDMI HANDHELD DIGITAL MICROSCOPE.

Tip... when using a pole stand. After you get the focus and lighting set for the group of coins your searching. Put the coin on a slip of paper and slide the coin under the scope moving the paper to position the coin. Also if the scope has a auto focus. Once you get it to focus and the light adjust is set, turn off the auto focus. This is because when you slide out the slip of paper the background color is different and the scope wants to refocus and this will slow down your searching.
    Thank you JC... I will have to check on how that adjustment works on the Microdirect, thank you for bring this up. And thank you so much for the tip on how to move the coin around and turning off auto focus.

I have heard of the Dino-Lite and the only reason I did not research them is... well duece2seven (Tracy) has one and it's more expensive than my budget, closer to the $1K range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the 4113-T They didn't have this model when I upgrade from my 211-t
    http://www.microscope.com/dino-lite-...l?category=227

http://www.microscope.com/accessorie...ole-stand.html

I'm hoping they will release a new model that has a better resolution, 1.3 MP color resolution works for what I do which this one and the 411-T has. The 5.0 MP are still in the 1K range.

They also have scopes that work on tablets and phones. Neat for coin shows!!

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you JC! Looking at Dino-Lite's now too! I was a bit leery of the ones less than 1K, so my research went into another direction. I like that some can be used with tablets and phones. May be a good thing since my laptop is giving me some issues. My tablet is newer and has been problem free.