Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Another try at silver

I tried some of the tips you guys gave me....moving highlights, reducing the yellow,etc Only problem is that I grabbed a different dollar But tell me what you think (of the pics) anyway. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like these photos a lot. To me, it seems as accurate (the colors) as it could be. Well done.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

3. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's super!!

5. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help and comments everybody....I was tired of selling coins on eBay using crappy pictures so I bought a nice copy stand off of Ray....it really makes a difference...I was only set up to take macro shots before and used my iphone for full coins. I've got a lot of tweaking to do, but these should help my eBay sales.

7. Likes mustbebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of punch but no detail washed out, very nice !
    My only critique would be if there is going to be a darker spot in the field , try to place it behind the head. The first moment we look at a photo our eye is automatically drawn to the light. Most portraits will have the face lit best and within that the eye/ eyes given prominence, and then framed by a darker background .
    The same can be done with coins. Treat them like portraits and the viewer will be pleased by the beauty of the image though not truly understand why.

John

(Just a side note, unless I'm trying to show something specific, my lighring for a full coin shot starts by lighting the eye to give a pleasing expression. Only after this do I light the rest of the coin.)
    Last edited by stoneman227; 04-07-2017 at 04:05 AM.
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

9. Thanks Maineman750, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny John....I was having a hard time lighting that side of the coin so I finally gave up...but at least you tell me my instincts were correct....I have an idea how to do it next time

Post Thanks / Like
    It's often the light opposite the problem field that needs adjusting. That or just spin the coin and flip it in post.

John
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

12. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the images... I was able to zoom it to 500% normal size and still had a reasonably clear image... When I went to 1000% it blurred a little more but not to bad... I was still able to see detail on devices and the field... The lighting looks really good to me also... Wish I had Jasons ability to capture awesome images!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

14. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneman227 View Post
    I That or just spin the coin and flip it in post. John
    My daughter used to help me out with answers like that when she was 9 or 10.....those simple answers elude us older folks

16. Likes stoneman227 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I like the images... I was able to zoom it to 500% normal size and still had a reasonably clear image... When I went to 1000% it blurred a little more but not to bad... I was still able to see detail on devices and the field... The lighting looks really good to me also... Wish I had Jasons ability to capture awesome images!!!
    I'm guessing it to do with me reducing the size of my images to post them on here.....do you know a way around that ?