Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Your second set has better clarity at 1000% mag compared to the first set... If I remember correctly the less light (Smaller aperture) the sharper the image and the more light (Larger aperture) the less sharp!!!
    Well, Jim...I did change the F-stop to 16 at some point....just don't remember when...before or after

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineman750 View Post
    Well, Jim...I did change the F-stop to 16 at some point....just don't remember when...before or after
    I know that feeling... Did you try it all set on auto??? Works for me I adjust the light intensity
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, John, I gave it a try with your suggestion about lighting in front of the face....I just moved the coin to left believe it or not
    That is some of the best contrast I've seen on pics of Morgans!
    "And he will tell you, skill is late — A Mightier than He —
    Has ministered before Him — There's no Vitality."

4. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silver1985 View Post
    Your image "starts out at 4000x3000 pixels".
    Then, I figure that your camera has a 12 MB capacity. Correct?
    I would like to see the file image of this 4000x3000 image.
    I have successfully transported file sizes of 22 Mb on a Yahoo email account.
    Would you be willing to send me this 12 Mb file, if you have a Yahoo email account?
    I must be using some wrong terms because the original file is around 3.5MB....maybe the 3000x4000 size is not pixels ? I'm using paint.net.....and I know nothing about photography

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, John, I gave it a try with your suggestion about lighting in front of the face....I just moved the coin to left believe it or not
    Excellent shot Roger !

John
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Your second set has better clarity at 1000% mag compared to the first set... If I remember correctly the less light (Smaller aperture) the sharper the image and the more light (Larger aperture) the less sharp!!!
    Jim , a lens will have a sweet spot for sharpness. This is usually a few stops down from it's maximum aperture. 5.6 , 8 or 11 are usually safe bets to set your aperture. Above 11, diffraction starts to become a factor and even though your depth of field continues to increase, sharpness begins to decrease.

John
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

8. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneman227 View Post
    Jim , a lens will have a sweet spot for sharpness. This is usually a few stops down from it's maximum aperture. 5.6 , 8 or 11 are usually safe bets to set your aperture. Above 11, diffraction starts to become a factor and even though your depth of field continues to increase, sharpness begins to decrease.

John
    Thanks John... I really do need to re-experiment with different settings... There is only so much that Auto cab do!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Likes stoneman227 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    John, I'm using paint.net and reducing by pixel size...it starts out like 4000x3000 and I reduce to 1200x900.....I didn't see an option for file size but maybe I'm missing something
    Roger , I used the wrong term . On Elements it is called Scale. Here is a screen shot of my options.

John

20170408_080356_20170408083815188.jpg

12. Likes Maineman750 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must be using some wrong terms because the original file is around 3.5MB....maybe the 3000x4000 size is not pixels ? I'm using paint.net.....and I know nothing about photography
    The 3k X 4k is the total number of pixels in an image... 3k times 4k is 12 megepixels... You also have the Pixels Per Inch (PPI)... PPI will adjust the width and height of an image... If you set PPI at 72 PPI youe image would be 3000/72 = about 42" by 4000/72 = about 55" if using the inch scale... Increase the PPI the smaller the image will be when viewed... Hope that helps a little!!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Maineman: I am curious of the file extension that is indicated on your 3.5 Mb image file. (i.e. jpeg, tiff, etc. ?)