Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

cropping image files for overlays

If you take a jpg image "A", and crop it and safe the cropped image as image "B", and then take image "A" again, and crop it again and save the second cropped image as image "C", ...... will cropped images "B" and "C" be identical for an overlay?
    The point is: how do you select the cropping corner for both images so that they are identical?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are using the same image to make multiple crops then you will need to ensure that the crop size is the same... When the cropped image is saved using Save As then the original image is not modified... If I am on the rite track with your question???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    jfine69: ".....you will need to ensure that the crop size is the same....."

That's about what I was wondering.......that is: what is being used to do that?
    How did eaxtellcoin produce three images (ref: previous thread) with (apparently) the same "upper left-hand corner of his images" reference points?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pic the top corner of the "1". use this point every time using the same size pic. my pics are always 600 px wide X 400 px deep/long. this gives you a standard reference point. Keep that point the same on all the different coins/Pics you take. This is the best way i've found to set the reference point.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Thanks!
    That's what I was trying to determine. I just find it amazing that you were able to come so close to "identical?" reference points for the three images.
    I guess you are saying that you just eye-balled it (most likely from an enlarged image) ??

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing you do is make sure your picture in level Start at the top of the "1" then draw a line across the top of the date I.E. 1949 - start at top of 1 and draw a line across the top to the upper most part of the "9" - level each picture same way. My Photoshop 11 basic has a leveling feature, once I level the pic then I crop the dimensions I gave you 600 px W X 400 px deep and crop the picture the same point roughly every time. That is what I did!

No I didn't eye ball it exactly. remember a box contains 4 90 degree corners. you have to pick the point that the 1 of the date is as close to 90 degree's, then crop
    Last edited by eaxtellcoin; 05-01-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    There should also be a X/Y coordinate grid that will show the location of your cursor in pixels, inches, centimeters or what ever cursor location setting is being used... Once the cursor is in the position you want then you should also have 2 boxes that you can input the width and height dimensions for the crop box... Using the location and size info you can make individual crops of the image exactly the same!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK &nbsp;Thanks guys.<br>Looks like Photoshop 11 is the "key".<br>I'm not familiar with it yet!