Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: avoid this

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

avoid this

Just looking through this seller's list of coins. Nearly ALL of them are incorrectly labeled as doubled dies or RPMs and aren't. Unfortunately, the seller has already sold a lot of them, and got positive feedback anyway. What a mess our hobby is in. The blind leading the blind.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/spineman1111...p2047675.l2562
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

2. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could not see any DD on that 72... Maybe if the pics were better I did not check any of the others... I will take your word on it that they are not as advertised!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another example of how ridiculous it is the way ebay links to the PCGS coin descriptions. It would be fine if it did it based on the coin numbers on the slabs FOR PCGS SLABBED COINS. Instead they do it for non slabbed coins. So like on this listing it puts the PCGS name and their description of DDO Die-1 which looks like a professional attribution to a clueless buyer for a coin that is not that coin and adds credibility to a listing. Very helpful GRRRRR!

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    Another example of how ridiculous it is the way ebay links to the PCGS coin descriptions. It would be fine if it did it based on the coin numbers on the slabs FOR PCGS SLABBED COINS. Instead they do it for non slabbed coins. So like on this listing it puts the PCGS name and their description of DDO Die-1 which looks like a professional attribution to a clueless buyer for a coin that is not that coin and adds credibility to a listing. Very helpful GRRRRR!
    Exactly, most of this seller's auctions would make people think they are actually bidding on a slabbed coin.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 05-22-2017 at 03:21 AM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

6. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I asked a question and left a review. Now I'll just wait.....

8. Thanks willbrooks, jfines69 thanked for this post