Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate Mailliard (way too young)

Just wanted to put up a message about an extremely fine young man who was in my VAMWorld group. Nate Mailliard, who was only 30 years old just passed away yesterday from cancer. He was extremely involved with VAMWorld and I'm sure many other numismatic organizations. He is survived by a young wife and five year old son. This has reminded me of how fragile life is and how we cannot take each other for granted.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jon for letting us know. So very sad to hear this. Our sincere condolences and prayers go out to his family and friends for comfort during this great loss of a wonderful man, husband, father and friend.

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jon, I tried to send you a PM earlier but your Private Message feature is turned off. If you would like to turn it on, here's where to find it.

Click on "Settings" top right corner of screen next to "Log Out", then go to "General Settings" scroll down about midway and you will see the different settings for Private Messaging. Thank you!

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes Maineman750 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Jon, I tried to send you a PM earlier but your Private Message feature is turned off. If you would like to turn it on, here's where to find it.

Click on "Settings" top right corner of screen next to "Log Out", then go to "General Settings" scroll down about midway and you will see the different settings for Private Messaging. Thank you!
    Sorry, I really need to take a few minutes and look at everything in my profile and the settings. I did update the PM system though. I did not realize the default was set up the way it was. Thank you for your comment too! It's easy to get close to folks on a site such as VAMworld and others like it (LCF) even when you have not met them in person.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Sorry, I really need to take a few minutes and look at everything in my profile and the settings. I did update the PM system though. I did not realize the default was set up the way it was. Thank you for your comment too! It's easy to get close to folks on a site such as VAMworld and others like it (LCF) even when you have not met them in person.
    Thank you Jon, will re-send the PM to you.

You are right, it is easy to get to know and make friends with people on the forums. I am sure if we all lived closer we would have a chance to meet and have some really fun times and conversations!

I agree too... life is precious and every day we should take in as much of it as possible... because you just never know.

10. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your friend , Jon

12. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear of your friends passing!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

14. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My condolences.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

16. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post

Good ambassadoring.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

18. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    Good ambassadoring.
    Aint she though!! Nice word, ambassadoring. Can't work that in too often.

20. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post