Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

1982 small date ddr 001

I didnt even know this coin was a veriety nor the significance of this coin existed. Last night 03/30/16, I was looking through some rolls and thinking finally found my first doubled die coin. All i knew was i finally found one. while doing some more research, i have been trying to contact anybody, who is anybody who can help me out with this. can anybody please let me know who or where can i get this cent coin authenticated, or what do i do if i have this coin in my possesion.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it truly is DDR1 then yes you made a huge discovery. I only know of two others. PCGS will certify this coin as FS-1801. Of course you know I'm gonna ask for pictures

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to send a pic.. but i cant get a clear pic of the coin, but it looks exactly like the sample one... ill try my best to get a clear pic... also what is FS-1801

Post Thanks / Like
    FS-1801 is the number assigned to that particular variety for that coin. I believe it's the numbering system Bill Fisaz and JT Stanton came up with and PCGS uses it as an identifier on their slabs since it is a variety that they will attribute. Also if you can post some pictures there are plenty of folks on this forum that could attribute it also and we would love to see it.

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have been able to post suitable photos in your past posts. Please post a photo or 3. Even a poor picture might be enough for us to tell you. If you want a free in-hand look, I would be willing to look at it for you. PM me. Otherwise, you should send it to Wexler or Wiles for authentication.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by AyoJustin; 03-30-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol i hope this helps... can't wait to hear the good news from you guys... thanks

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Justin. Even from those photos I can tell this definitely isn't 1DR-001. EPU on your coin is not showing the doubling or adequate thickness on the verticals in EPU and ONE CENT to even come close to the actual variety. Compare your B in PLURIBUS to the B in the CC photos. Very different. Also, the actual variety die was overpolished (or possibly incompletely hubbed) resulting in radial thinning of the devices close to the rim. Your coin does not exhibit this at all. Look at the differences between the top of the S of STATES and the bottom of the E in CENT between your coin and the variety photos, and you can note this difference. Not the same die. I will still be willing to look at it in hand if you like to see if there is something going on, but, unfortunately, it is not the rare DDR.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

9. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can not tell... The pics have a little to much light haze... You may want to send this one to Will for an in hand???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    what u mean send it to will for an in hand?