Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Perspective rendering ("3D") video

I rendered a stack of images using a video technique, which outputted an mp4 video file. I can't figure out how to link to it, so you will need to go to my Photobucket page and download it from here:

http://s943.photobucket.com/user/rpa...ml?sort=3&o=14

Let me know what you think. Also, any advice on how to link to it would be appreciated.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

2. Thanks jallengomez thanked for this post
    Likes jallengomez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weird...it doesn't seem to want to load for me. I'll try fanangling things on my end...

EDIT: OK, I got it. Had to load it in its own tab.

That looks simply amazing, Ray. Excellent work!

Also...Photobucket just started doing this goofy thing, where you need to have a paid account to 'hotlink' on other sites - i.e. here. It's not just you.
    Last edited by Frank; 07-30-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    "And he will tell you, skill is late — A Mightier than He —
    Has ministered before Him — There's no Vitality."

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a paid account...but they are changing terms and forcing a higher level of "membership" to hotlink.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

5. Likes Frank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been seriously considering an alternative to PB. Really stinks; I've used them for years, and now they decide to do this. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making money...just seems a touch much to me.
    "And he will tell you, skill is late — A Mightier than He —
    Has ministered before Him — There's no Vitality."

Post Thanks / Like
    They are counting on "loyalty" from folks like me who have used them for most of my hosting/linking for years, and don't want to lose the hundreds of historical links.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's cool Ray... With video you can get some serious depth for 3D rendering... The higher the frame rate per second the deeper the rendering... Most likely you are unable to link because MP* is not a valid image format for the LCF... If it were in GIF then it should work!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well darn, I was not able to view it. My laptop has been having issues anyway, but I right clicked on the link to open in another tab, and the tab opened then my laptop faded to black (my crazy laptop). Then I tried it from my android tablet and your photobucket page opened just fine but I didn't see anything but ads. Do both parties have to be paid photobucket users?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you need to be a paid user to view the file, but I am not 100% sure. The file is big (140MB) so it takes a long, long time to download.

11. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    I don't think you need to be a paid user to view the file, but I am not 100% sure. The file is big (140MB) so it takes a long, long time to download.
    Ray, I tried again on my android tablet and your photobucket page loads but there is no file there, just those annoying ads. My son said many people are going to Imgur, which can also upload to a Reddit account if you want to, they are both free. Also, I think Jason has been using flickr.
    Last edited by VAB2013; 07-30-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Ray, I tried again on my android tablet and your photobucket page loads but there is no file there, just those annoying ads. My son said many people are going to Imgur, which can also upload to a Reddit account if you want to, they are both free. Also, I think Jason has been using flickr.
    The file doesn't show up for me either, but the download button works. But nothing will happen for a long time when you hit download because it's a big file.

Do you have an updated hosts file on your computer? You can get rid of all those ads (and speed up your computer a lot) by updating the hosts file.

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Frank liked this post