Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Apypolylogy

1984-P Lincoln errors? Please help, I'm new!

Hi everyone!

i hope everyone is having a nice day so far. I im new to coin collecting an I've tried to navigate my way as I go. The one thing that seems to be giving me a bit of trouble is knowing if my coins have the errors or not, since they are so slight. If someone wouldn't mind helping me with this question regarding the double ear and double down and double boarder circle on my 1984-P lincoln I'd really really appreciate it. I have attached a picture of both the front and back of my penny. I'd appreciate feedback if my penny does match the error pennies even if on just one of the levels. Thank you so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Apypolylogy! Welcome to the LCF! We would need a better photo to tell if your coin is a doubled die ear Variety. But, here is a website where you can search different years and mint marks of coins to see good photos! Just type in 1984 and click P, the doubled die ear is the very first one on the list.
    http://www.coppercoins.com/advsearch.php

Not sure what you are referring to "double down and double boarder circle" please explain that for us!

4. Thanks Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Apypolylogy
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Hello Apypolylogy! Welcome to the LCF! We would need a better photo to tell if your coin is a doubled die ear Variety. But, here is a website where you can search different years and mint marks of coins to see good photos! Just type in 1984 and click P, the doubled die ear is the very first one on the list.

Not sure what you are referring to "double down and double boarder circle" please explain that for us!
    Hi there! Thank you so much for the welcome and the information. That was a auto correct that I missed apparently. I just meant it looked like double double die. Sorry about that 😞 I have attached a closer photo using a magnifying glass, is that better? I've seen picture of what it looks like, I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that either in right by someone who knows better or that I'm wrong in what I was looking at. I hope this isn't an imposition or sounds nuts it's my first coin I've inspected.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but hour's isn't the doubled ear variety. Welcome to the forum!

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a completely normal ear there. Not a doubled die. Welcome to the forum.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Apypolylogy
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    You have a completely normal ear there. Not a doubled die. Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks guys and thank you so much for the warm welcome!

i appreciate the verification on that. I'll definitely be around as this has quickly grow into something I'm taking very seriously because I didn't realize how fun it could be. Have a great day folks!

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Apypolylogy
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post

Hi there! Thank you so much for the welcome and the information. That was a auto correct that I missed apparently. I just meant it looked like double double die. Sorry about that 😞 I have attached a closer photo using a magnifying glass, is that better? I've seen picture of what it looks like, I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that either in right by someone who knows better or that I'm wrong in what I was looking at. I hope this isn't an imposition or sounds nuts it's my first coin I've inspected.

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apypolylogy View Post
    Thanks guys and thank you so much for the warm welcome!

i appreciate the verification on that. I'll definitely be around as this has quickly grow into something I'm taking very seriously because I didn't realize how fun it could be. Have a great day folks!
    You are welcome! Everyone here loves this Lincoln cent hobby and are always happy to help! Glad you are having fun too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apypolylogy View Post
    That was a auto correct that I missed apparently. I just meant it looked like double double die. Sorry about that 
    That's okay, a lot of us make mistakes without the help of auto correct