Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    Thanks all for the kind words.

Before I post the B95(-), I really liked how the left wheat came out on the B406, so here it is larger:
    By the looks of it that is a RIDB also... The west 4 leaves are misaligned with the leaves on either side of the crack... Excellent photographs Ray!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The gold color really makes things pop... Bet that was not easy to photograph???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like this is a later die stage of B325, with a crack between the I and B. This looks like it will soon morph into a full IIBIE. Cohen does not note the IB break, so if she was listing this it would probably be B330, but there is already a B328 and B330 not associated with this type, so maybe it could be a B326. That said, B95 looks suspiciously like B325 but with a full-blown IIB. So what I think is that the sequence would be something like B325-This coin-B95. I don't have a B95 to compare, so without it I'd have to call this coin a B326. If I had a B95 to prove it was an even later stage of B325, I'd probably want to rename B325 as B90, and this coin as B92.

Here's an animation of B325 with this coin to compare. Note that Cohen is very explicit that the top of the BIE on B325 is FLAT, while this coin has a small chip where the flat part meets the E. The B325 is very flat as expected, but note it is starting to show the IIB break at the lower left of the B.

Note...give the animation time to load, it's a big file

Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable! That just blows me away!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 09-05-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a match... Your crack between the IB fits perfectly with the faint crack showing across the gap... Yours also shows a chip on the NE corner of the BIE, next to the E, that is not there on the previous BIE... Excellent imaging!!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Magnificent photography and Lincolns.

Ditto!!!!!