Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just started

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Thanks for the follow up... Fairly good full pic for a first post... A little blurry when I zoomed in to 175%... Looks like the mint did its best to remove the clash... Lots of abrasions... Are there any clash remnants on the rev???
    there is but it is very faint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry T View Post
    there is but it is very faint
    See if you can match any listed clashes on the MAD site... If not post a full rev pic and I will try and help you out!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the reverse
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the follow up images... You do have a clash on the rev... I see Abes head south on the memorial... There is also clashing in B7 (Bay 7) and B8... I do not see any clashes in B1 thru B4 which would make sense... The obv clash is much stronger to the east side of Abes face and neck so the die/dies were tilted when they struck... I can not tell if B1-B4 are abraded (image is a little to blurry)... Have you had a chance to look thru the MAD clash site???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have but I'm new to all this, thanks for all the information. I'm going to copy the information you gave me to keep with the coin. I'm still working on a system to catalog the coins I have found. I'm holding on to all my coins for the time being because I'm always finding new things to look for. Thank you again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did the image of the rev go... I can not find it???
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I have but I'm new to all this, thanks for all the information. I'm going to copy the information you gave me to keep with the coin. I'm still working on a system to catalog the coins I have found. I'm holding on to all my coins for the time being because I'm always finding new things to look for. Thank you again.
    I found your pics... Not sure why they didn't show up at first??? In any case take a look at clash 06 http://www.maddieclashes.com/adc-1c-1984-06/ I am not sure but yours looks close???
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I did look at that one,it is close, I found out mine is from die 06 for sure. I looked at this coin again, I believe you can see part of the memorial to the left of Abes neck. Thanks for your help. I have more coins I want to show at a later date.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer to gather enough to make-up a few hundred of each year and then sort them by mint. Then I consult my library for what to look for in each year/mint and keep the best few to compare with those I have already kept in my collection for possible upgrades.

10. Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55, Barry T liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have more coins I want to show at a later date.
    That sounds great! Looking forward to it!

12. Likes Barry T liked this post