Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1992D CLAM

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Moly! You go girl!
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller View Post
    That's a bases full home run Viv. Congrats on a monster of a find.
    It's so good to hear from you Roller! We have been worried! I thought about you while I was hyperventilating looking at this coin, what you said to me about "you better hope you don't find a 92 CLAM" has stuck with me and gave me good luck! Thank you buddy!!! Glad you and your family are okay, hope you don't have any damages at home!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Super Nice!! That one will wake you up and keep you up!! You'll be riding high at work today!! A very BIG congrats!! Larry J
    Thank you Larry J! You are so right, I have been riding on the clam cloud all day! Cool thing, my boss and his mother in law, who I work with, are coin collectors. So first thing this morning I had to tell them! They were so excited, and wanted to see it! Well.. guess they need to get on the forum for that... it's in a safe place

5. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, joel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post
    Well, young lady, let me be the first to congratulate you. I don't see how it could be anything but the very elusive "close AM".
    It couldn't have happened to a more giving person. Well done.
    Thank you Cliff! At 1:30 this morning, I was wishing I could wake some of your guys up LOL! I showed my son and he said... yeah Mom... the A and the M look like they are close! It means so much to hear you guys say the words, really makes a girl smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    Congrats Viv! That's a wonderful find indeed!
    Thank you so much enamel! Really... this is one, along with a few other Lincoln's, that I thought I would never find! Matter of fact... I learned a lesson last night. Stop looking at coins when you are sleepy... just a few more minutes later and I could have missed this one altogether!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Wow!! Congrats Vivien!!! Very, very nice find indeed!! Nobody deserves it more than you
    Awww... thank you very much Jon! "you better hope you don't find a 92 CLAM" there... I said it... Roller said it, and it worked for me! I am very grateful!!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! Congrats.

Get that in a PCGS holder!

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Excellent find... Does not look to be in to bad of shape either... Now you need to get the attribution done and have it slabbed... COOL!!!
    Thank you very much Jim! The obverse is better than the reverse is but nothing bad, a small amount of verdigris but you can see red, nothing that majorly stands out and makes you think "ewww" I've never had a coin slabbed so I will need some guidance with that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbebob View Post
    WOW!!! I am super excited for you Viv. Keep us informed every step of the way on this one. I would still take steps to conserve it though. Do you have any Verdi-care?
    Thank you very much Bob! If you can imagine my normal coin excitement times 100, there ya go! I do not have Verdi-care but now is a good time to get it! I have seen what Verdi-care does to conserve coins and this one is certainly worth it! Thank you so much for offering your help and guidance, that means a lot Bob!

13. Thanks mustbebob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    Holy Moly! You go girl!
    Thank you so much Will! I have always appreciated your confidence in me, and the fact that you keep challenging me to learn more! It's really great to have you around, thank you!