Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1992D CLAM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    WOW!! Congrats.

Get that in a PCGS holder!
    Thank you very much Ed! I do want to get some Verdi-care, think it can be ordered online. Then off to PCGS it goes! Once I figure out how that works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Envy, envy, envy here. Probably one the biggest picks of the year on this forum. My best congrats to you. If you decide to slab it, you can always piggy back on a submission with me to PCGS.

WS

3. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterSport View Post
    Envy, envy, envy here. Probably one the biggest picks of the year on this forum. My best congrats to you. If you decide to slab it, you can always piggy back on a submission with me to PCGS.

WS
    Thank you so much Bob! I really appreciate your offer to piggy back this with one of your submissions to PCGS! I would love to do that, thank you!!!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 09-14-2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typo

5. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOLY MOLY!!!!! What a great, awesome, fantastic find indeed Vivien....I would have fell off my computer chair and held my heart for sure saying"I'm coming Elizabeth".......See that is why I love searching you never know what will land in your hands.....Also just to see how the coins circulate from state to state is something also.....Way to go and to a very giving person.....

Patrick
    Patrick G.

7. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ERRORCENTS View Post
    HOLY MOLY!!!!! What a great, awesome, fantastic find indeed Vivien....I would have fell off my computer chair and held my heart for sure saying"I'm coming Elizabeth".......See that is why I love searching you never know what will land in your hands.....Also just to see how the coins circulate from state to state is something also.....Way to go and to a very giving person.....

Patrick
    Thank you so much Patrick! The scene was very close to what you are describing, almost fell out and my heart was racing! Keep in mind it was 1:30 am... and I have to get up at 5 am for work! I could not get to sleep... at one point I was just going to make coffee and stay awake. But, finally dozed off to sleep! Is Elizabeth a loved one?

9. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure it needs verdi-care, probably wouldn't hurt. If it's only dirty and nothing growing or green I might only acetone to get greasy stuff reduced. It looks like it would grade as it is so be careful. Nice of Bob to offer it to tag along, that saves you a bunch of work.

Isn't it strange how one big find can be the pay for all the searching you did, all in that second when you spot it, happy dance time

I bet your heart skipped and you flipped it to verify "is it really a 92-D" in disbelief LOL.

11. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    Not sure it needs verdi-care, probably wouldn't hurt. If it's only dirty and nothing growing or green I might only acetone to get greasy stuff reduced. It looks like it would grade as it is so be careful. Nice of Bob to offer it to tag along, that saves you a bunch of work.

Isn't it strange how one big find can be the pay for all the searching you did, all in that second when you spot it, happy dance time

I bet your heart skipped and you flipped it to verify "is it really a 92-D" in disbelief LOL.
    Ed, it has some verdigris, a little on the obverse and a tad more on the reverse and it's dirty so I think Verdi-care is a great idea. Yes, I really appreciate Bob Watersport's offer to help with the PCGS submission, that was so kind! You know I'm running on excitement energy!

13. Thanks GrumpyEd thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    " WOW" VIV! What a special beautiful find...Congrats!

Ken.
    "2012 Finds HERE"

15. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duck620 View Post
    " WOW" VIV! What a special beautiful find...Congrats!

Ken.
    Thank you very much Ken! I was with my daughter at a different bank branch when I picked up this brick and she said... Mom, maybe this brick will be special! You just never know when that next roll will be the one to find something great!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 09-15-2017 at 03:52 AM.

17. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you very much Jim! The obverse is better than the reverse is but nothing bad, a small amount of verdigris but you can see red, nothing that majorly stands out and makes you think "ewww" I've never had a coin slabbed so I will need some guidance with that!
    There are plenty of folks here to help you out... I have only had 2 coins slabbed so that kind of leaves me out on the knowledgeable end of slabbing... I wish Jason Cuv. was back on with us... He could take some excellent photos... I am sure your discovery will make it into Coin World!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

19. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post