Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope Pro

Today I had a great conversation with a Technical Support Representative at Celestron. As soon as I told him I had questions about viewing and taking photos of Lincoln cents, the nice gentleman told me that he is also a coin collector! He answered all of my questions and even emailed me a couple of coin pics he snapped at his desk while we were talking! Of course, I emailed him back at Celestron with information about the LCF and asked him to come join us! Made my day

As some of you know, Tracy (duecetoseven) has been helping me research digital microscopes and we both narrowed it down to the Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope Pro as the best product at the best price.

A few days ago, I asked Maineman if it was okay... if Celestron or one of their distributors, might be willing to offer members of the forum an incentive, a small discount or free shipping maybe... Well the awesome Tech Support person said he would forward my information to their Sales and Marketing Division! So... not counting our chicken's before they hatch, but what an awesome guy!

There's so much information to share about this... but attached are the two pics. Two of my main concerns were... will the microscope take a full coin photo and can you turn the LED lights completely off and just use natural light and the answer is yes and yes.

The stand has to be turned to one side just a tad and placed on about a 1" thick book but that will lift the stand up enough to get a full coin photo (Canadian cent is with the stand done this way and the LED lights turned completely off, just natural light) The Lincoln cent photo is with the LED lights on, and of course the microscope will zoom in more for close ups.

I was going to wait and post this after I heard back from Celestron, but so many of you have been asking about where to find a good digital microscope and I didn't want to wait... and you go buy something else without checking into this one!

Here are a few links... feel free to ask questions, if I don't know the answer, I certainly know who to call Thank you Celestron!!!

https://www.celestron.com/products/h...microscope-pro

https://www.celestron.com/blogs/team-celestron

No idea which microscope was used to take the photo of the Amazon Rainforest Blue Morpho Dragonfly but it is so awesome looking I wanted you to see it!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 10-04-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: typo's