Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot the links for the LED lamps! Keep in mind that there are many variations of these that will work. Here they are:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...ype=10&veh=aff

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055IVM1I...a-350870511541
    Last edited by duece2seven; 10-05-2017 at 01:45 AM.

2. Thanks Petespockets55, VAB2013, Kanga3375 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013, Kanga3375 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post
    Thanks Vivien for working on this.
    I like the fact that it is American made and the images look good and are "normal".
    My last scope (a competitor) had soft ware that was not updated when the new Windows came out so it is useless now. That is why I have a make do system I concocted to use my cell phone.
    You may have answered this but does it have the ability to edit and add noted to images it has taken?
    Looking forward learning more from them.
    IOGear makes a 4 port USB Hub with a manual switch. This allows you to share 4 different USB devices between 2 different computers. Those could be your keyboard, mouse, monitor and a flash drive. Put it between your old system that runs your scope and your new system. Save all files acquired from your scope to the flash drive connected to the Hub/switch. One keyboard, one mouse, one monitor and one common data storage device available to both systems (one or the other) with the push of a button.

4. Thanks Petespockets55, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have moved this thread to The Other Side of the Coin - Off Topic Discussion - Coin Photography!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafarmer View Post
    IOGear makes a 4 port USB Hub with a manual switch. This allows you to share 4 different USB devices between 2 different computers. Those could be your keyboard, mouse, monitor and a flash drive. Put it between your old system that runs your scope and your new system. Save all files acquired from your scope to the flash drive connected to the Hub/switch. One keyboard, one mouse, one monitor and one common data storage device available to both systems (one or the other) with the push of a button.
    Any chance you can add an image of the setup for reference. Thanks in advance, Cliff
    (BTW- the old system is toast from a virus and or meltdown 2 years ago.)

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post
    Any chance you can add an image of the setup for reference. Thanks in advance, Cliff
    (BTW- the old system is toast from a virus and or meltdown 2 years ago.)

https://www.iogear.com/product/GUS402

If you still have the drivers for your scope - you could probably find an old computer to run it on for almost nothing. Just stick the switch between the old system and your new system and share a USB monitor, keyboard, mouse and flash drive between the two. I don't know but you might could stack another USB Hub in the switch and share more devices.

10. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neat, sort of like the old VKM switches they made so you could share video display/keyboard/mouse but made for USB.

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you for this info Anthony! You are bringing up some of the very same issues I discussed with Celestron. One is the way the photo is taken, which is a clicker on the USB cable. That helps keep the microscope still while clicking a photo, and I believe there is also a delay setting for that also. The other thing is being able to take a full coin photo. It was explained to me that where the microscope connects to the stand, that will loosen up and you can swivel the scope to one side or another which moves it away from the existing platform. So with it set on a sturdy surface (like a hardback book) that lifts the entire thing up about an inch, that allows enough depth to take a full coin photo of a Lincoln cent. (or a Canadian cent which happens to be the example). Another great feature is the ability to adjust the LED lights and actually turn them completely off. The Technical Support person did not have any other type of external lighting at his desk, just the normal lighting of an office, and that Canadian coin came out true color and clear.

Edit: I believe there is also a delay setting for that also.
    Not sure so I sent an email to Celestron to find out, will let you all know what they say.
    Here is the email I received from Celestron today about the delay setting on the camera:

Hi Vivien,

Yes, You can set this up in the software to take images in intervals. There is a icon that looks like a clock in the software's main screen. It can also be done for video as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duece2seven View Post
    You're welcome, Viv. I looked at the Celestron setup again. If you can turn the scope around backwards and counterweight the stand, that will allow you to max out the scopes working distance and also give you more flexibility with your external lighting.

Tracy
    Thank you Tracy, I'm sending Celestron an email asking if the scope can be turned around backwards. He said it will go to one side or another.

Edit: Wrote Tyler @ Celestron back to confirm that the camera will swivel 180 degrees and not just part of the way.
    Last edited by VAB2013; 10-07-2017 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Edit

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tracy, please tell us the photo editing software you use. Today I downloaded GIMP (free like Photoshop) and I like it, but I know you have a lot of knowledge in this area! Thank you buddy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried several but Helicon Filter software is the best I've used for the money. It's very good. The software far exceeds my technical capabilities for sure. Ray Parkhurst could explain this much better than me but it basically let's you tweak your pics nine ways from Sunday. I let my license expire recently and the one thing I can't remember is if Helicon Filter also includes focus stacking? Their site doesn't say. If not, I know Helicon Focus does. They also used to offer a free 30-60 day trial but I didn't see that offered any longer. Either way the Filter license is only $10-15 per year or you can spend $50 and get the lifetime license. Here's the link below. Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.heliconsoft.com/helicon-filter-licenses/