Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duece2seven View Post
    I have tried several but Helicon Filter software is the best I've used for the money. It's very good. The software far exceeds my technical capabilities for sure. Ray Parkhurst could explain this much better than me but it basically let's you tweak your pics nine ways from Sunday. I let my license expire recently and the one thing I can't remember is if Helicon Filter also includes focus stacking? Their site doesn't say. If not, I know Helicon Focus does. They also used to offer a free 30-60 day trial but I didn't see that offered any longer. Either way the Filter license is only $10-15 per year or you can spend $50 and get the lifetime license. Here's the link below. Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.heliconsoft.com/helicon-filter-licenses/
    Thanks Tracy! Is the Helicon Focus the same as Helicon Stereo? Not a bad price at all!

It does say:

"Helicon Filter is a shareware program. You can evaluate a fully functional trial version for 30 days. Once the trial period is over, a big promotional banner will appear on the screen until you register the program."

...must be the cherry moon
    lol.. my font changed and I can't find the right one

2. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thanks Tracy! Is the Helicon Focus the same as Helicon Stereo? Not a bad price at all!

It does say:

"Helicon Filter is a shareware program. You can evaluate a fully functional trial version for 30 days. Once the trial period is over, a big promotional banner will appear on the screen until you register the program."

Help I'm drowning in moonshine! .
    I'm not familiar with the Stereo version, Viv. You might PM Ray and see if he knows.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post

It does say:

It changed because of the copy and paste operation... The standard font size is close to 3... You can adjust that above in the drop down menu window that states Size... ​I am typing with the Size 3!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks VAB2013, duece2seven thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, duece2seven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Helicon Focus software... Since I am no photographer it is easier for me to get fairly decent pics without needing to take 100s of pics to get 1 good 1... Using the stacking I can take only 3 images and get a fairly good pic... The more I stack the more details show up and with enough images converting to a 3D pic is easy!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks Petespockets55, VAB2013, duece2seven thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013, duece2seven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I use the Helicon Focus software... Since I am no photographer it is easier for me to get fairly decent pics without needing to take 100s of pics to get 1 good 1... Using the stacking I can take only 3 images and get a fairly good pic... The more I stack the more details show up and with enough images converting to a 3D pic is easy!!!
    Thank you Jim, that answered my question! So Helicon Focus has stacking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for moving this to the Coin Photography subforum. I had missed it earlier.

For editing, I use Canon's Digital Photo Professional. It's a free download. Go to:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...B0AMD0F1Q42K25

Select the "Drivers and Downloads" tab, and select Digital Photo Professional for download. It's a fairly powerful program that gives you superb and fairly intuitive control of the histogram, white balance, and cropping.

Helicon Focus is used for 2D focus stacking, and once you have completed the 2D stack, you have the option of working with the images in 3D using the included Helicon 3D.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

11. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55, duece2seven, TPring thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, duece2seven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    Thanks for moving this to the Coin Photography subforum. I had missed it earlier.

For editing, I use Canon's Digital Photo Professional. It's a free download. Go to:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...B0AMD0F1Q42K25

Select the "Drivers and Downloads" tab, and select Digital Photo Professional for download. It's a fairly powerful program that gives you superb and fairly intuitive control of the histogram, white balance, and cropping.

Helicon Focus is used for 2D focus stacking, and once you have completed the 2D stack, you have the option of working with the images in 3D using the included Helicon 3D.
    Great information Ray, thank you very much! We are gathering as much information as we can because everyone's needs are different. Your professional advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I went ahead and bought one of these to test. Most of the ones I've seen are not worth the trouble but it seems you guys are getting good results so I will put some effort into this one. Will be interesting to see what it can do.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

14. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55, TPring thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    I went ahead and bought one of these to test. Most of the ones I've seen are not worth the trouble but it seems you guys are getting good results so I will put some effort into this one. Will be interesting to see what it can do.
    You have already ordered the Celestron Handheld Pro?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, from Amazon. Should arrive next week.

17. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post