Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 179
    That makes it clear.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseball74 View Post
    I was able to pop the coin out of this holder of sorts.
    Cool... See if you can get it back into the holder... If you notice the ridge around the rim you can tell it was added after the minting... That is why there is a ridge there!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 23
    It could be the result of being in a lucky piece or something like that. I would get mike diamond involved.
    Roger
    ""Time and Tide wait for no man"

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 392
    It's part of the coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    I can absolutely say that is NOT part of the coin.
    I agree with enamel.

Quote Originally Posted by RWBILLER View Post
    It could be the result of being in a lucky piece or something like that. I would get mike diamond involved.
    Take a minute and read the whole thread, Roger.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 10-17-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

6. Thanks VAB2013, GrumpyEd, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, GrumpyEd, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does pop back into place. I'm new here but it doesn't mean people have to be ****** canoes. I value your opinion guys as long as you can tell me why. Don't be lazy and just say yes or no as that doesn't help anyone. Isn't the forum here for learning? If I'm wrong , I will gladly exit.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 62
    It does pop back into place. I'm new here but it doesn't mean people have to be ****** canoes. I value your opinion guys as long as you can tell me why. Don't be lazy and just say yes or no as that doesn't help anyone. Isn't the forum here for learning? If I'm wrong , I will gladly exit.
    It does help when there is some information to go with an answer but insulting members here because of your frustration doesn't help anyone! You have only been here since May of this year so please realize some people here have decades of experience they are sharing. They may give short concise answers for questions they are responding to for the umpteenth time. This is normal. I'm very grateful to all the members here who do take the time to respond. And, yes, so should you!
    All I can say at this point is to be patient, take a deep breath and edit your reply's when you feel the need to lash out.
    When that happens everyone benefits!
    Lastly, thank you for posting your question and image.

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 61
    Petespockets did an excellent job explaining how we have all kinds of personalities here, some members type long explanations, some short, but it is not meant to be rude to anyone. Sorry you took it as being rude. Enamel has been around a long time and he knows his Lincolns. Honestly I have never seen him type more than two sentences, ever. Hope you decide to stick around, it is possible to make friends here and have fun learning about Lincolns at the same time!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 10-18-2017 at 04:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter how long I've been here. I don't need to be chastised by you for anything. I simple responded to a short short comment on a question and no disrespect to him but apparently everyone that's new should just know that he gives short answers? Okay got it. Thank you for clarifying that pete!! Great info!��

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you vab2013

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 62
    It doesn't matter how long I've been here. I don't need to be chastised by you for anything. I simple responded to a short short comment on a question and no disrespect to him but apparently everyone that's new should just know that he gives short answers? Okay got it. Thank you for clarifying that pete!! Great info!��
    If you are referring to my comments I'm sorry you took that as chastising and I'm glad you feel things were clarified. But no disrespect towards you was intended on my part either. I'm fairly new to this forum also and was just trying to share some insight from one newer collector to another.

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post