Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Jon!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jon!

Very surprised to find a package in my mailbox today from Jon! A few days ago Jon asked me if I had found a 2017P Die 5. I said "no, not yet"... Thank you so much Jon for the awesome looking 2017P Die 5! Now that I see it in hand, the 20 of the date and the RTY REALLY does stand out! Thank you so much! I was beginning to think I had missed one of these from the glare, but now I can rest easy!

Also, Jon sent me a 1991 Bank of Guyana 5 cent piece that is in MS condition! This is a very cool looking coin, it has a lotus flower design on the reverse that is really pretty and two cute little birds on the obverse. It is a beautiful coin, like something a girl would want a piece of jewelry made out of on etsy! Now I want to find out more about Guyana and it's culture!

Jon, thank you for such a nice surprise! I really do appreciate it, you made my day!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 11-16-2017 at 06:01 PM.

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are very welcome Viv!! It is the very least I could do after you gave me my first DDO to get rolling! It was crazy, I mailed yours out Monday and found that 3rd one on Tuesday. The Guyanese nickel was somehow jammed in a Loomis Lincoln roll. It is quite a bit larger than a Lincoln and have no idea how they got it in there, just thought you might like that one. Thank you again for all your help!!

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    You are very welcome Viv!! It is the very least I could do after you gave me my first DDO to get rolling! It was crazy, I mailed yours out Monday and found that 3rd one on Tuesday. The Guyanese nickel was somehow jammed in a Loomis Lincoln roll. It is quite a bit larger than a Lincoln and have no idea how they got it in there, just thought you might like that one. Thank you again for all your help!!
    You are welcome Jon! That was such a nice thing for you to do! Wow, you gave me your second find and then the kind gesture was repaid by finding another one the very next day! That is how kindness works ya know!

The Guyanese nickel was mysterious to me... I wondered how you got it! That is crazy that such a nice foreign coin, I mean it is in pristine condition, would be found in a Loomis roll! I just did some research on Guyana and it is a really cool place, very low population and is known for it's rainforest and a huge one drop waterfall. The people there speak English, which is kind of unusual. Now I understand the little birds and the lotus flower Thank you, it's really a pretty coin!

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I know about Guyana is don't drink the punch

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's cool... Vivien - You going to post some pics of the Guyana coin???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineman750 View Post
    The only thing I know about Guyana is don't drink the punch
    I don't know what is funnier Maineman... what you said, or the cute smiley you picked! I had forgotten all about the kool aid massacre in the Guyana jungle!

12. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    That's cool... Vivien - You going to post some pics of the Guyana coin???
    Well it's in a flip, instead of taking it out let me find a link. Here's one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GUYANA-5-C...item2ef65e5f8f

That ebay pic does not do the coin justice in hand. Do you think the US Mint makes these coins for Guyana? The one Jon sent me does not look circulated at all.
    Last edited by VAB2013; 11-17-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Well it's in a flip, instead of taking it out let me find a link. Here's one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GUYANA-5-C...item2ef65e5f8f

That ebay pic does not do the coin justice in hand. Do you think the US Mint makes these coins for Guyana? The one Jon sent me does not look circulated at all.
    Cool. Thanks for the link... That is a nice coin... You could always ask the mint if they were striking Guyana coins in 1990-1991!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the link... That is a nice coin... You could always ask the mint if they were striking Guyana coins in 1990-1991!!!
    Here is a link from MintErrorNews that lists the authorized foreign coin production at the US mints.
    I've found it real helpful before.

(Edit: Upon checking I see none at all produced for Guyana)
    Last edited by Petespockets55; 11-18-2017 at 05:26 PM.

16. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post
    Here is a link from MintErrorNews that lists the authorized foreign coin production at the US mints.
    I've found it real helpful before.

(Edit: Upon checking I see none at all produced for Guyana)
    Thank you very much Cliff, that is very interesting information and no Guyana coins on the list. Guess a Guyana traveler got it MS and it's only been in circulation for a few hours LOL.... Some things are just odd ya know.