Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tracy:

Totally agree with what you are saying!

I'm also on the fence regarding coop's findings that these 2 coins are all just MD and not a valid DDO and a valid RPM.

Too busy right now with Thanksgiving just a few day's away, but I'm pretty certain I'll be contacting PCGS for a clarification on the

1968S Proof DDO and RPM listings etc sometime next week.

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

To you and family!

* My coin is a dead ringer for coin 7 on the PCGS site as a valid FS101
    Even has the notches on the E in LIBERTY*

http://images.pcgs.com/CoinFacts/248...137963_max.jpg
    Last edited by chuckster125; 11-20-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster125 View Post
    Hi Tracy:

Totally agree with what you are saying!

I'm also on the fence regarding coop's findings that these 2 coins are all just MD and not a valid DDO and a valid RPM.

Thought you might want to check out the doubling on my coin. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well!

Too busy right now with Thanksgiving just a few day's away, but I'm pretty certain I'll be contacting PCGS for a clarification on the

1968S Proof DDO and RPM listings etc sometime next week.

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

To you and family!

* My coin is a dead ringer for coin 7 on the PCGS site as a valid FS101
    Even has the notches on the E in LIBERTY*

http://images.pcgs.com/CoinFacts/248...137963_max.jpg
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well! Thought you might want to see the doubling on
    the motto of my coin. Crazy thing is that if this were a business strike exhibiting doubling on both
    the mintmark and the motto as mine does, you and I both would immediately write it off as MD!
    This is why I love love this hobby, though. Always more to learn!

Your coin does match up with the PCGS coin. I gotta say I sure hope for PCGS' sake that Coop is
    wrong because they will be purchasing a many a strike doubled quarter if he's right!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duece2seven; 11-20-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You remember that 70S Proof 10c I posted recently http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...sevelt-new-DDO LIBERTY looks similar to the LIBERTY on the 25c that you guys have posted and the one on PCGS... What am I missing on the difference of the 10c and the 25c???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,

At issue right now are 3 coins out of 7 listed on the PCGS site that are listed as valid FS 101 DDO'S by PCGS.

Those coins are the same as our 2 coins, so are they garbage MD or premium DDO Quarters?

Right now PCGS say's they are DDO'S.

I will try to talk to someone about this at PCGS next week and get someone at PCGS to verify their attributing that indeed all 7 coins shown are DDO's and properly designated as the 1968 S PROOF- FS-101.

*If this turns out to be the case, then both of our coins are DDO'S.*

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster125 View Post
    Jim,

At issue right now are 3 coins out of 7 listed on the PCGS site that are listed as valid FS 101 DDO'S by PCGS.

Those coins are the same as our 2 coins, so are they garbage MD or premium DDO Quarters?

Right now PCGS say's they are DDO'S.

I will try to talk to someone about this at PCGS next week and get someone at PCGS to verify their attributing that indeed all 7 coins shown are DDO's and properly designated as the 1968 S PROOF- FS-101.

*If this turns out to be the case, then both of our coins are DDO'S.*
    Ok... I think I lost my train of thought... Thanks for the follow up... I do hope your coins are DDOs!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going that Tracy's coins above are MD. Shelf like and no serifs = MD
    The moral of the story is ""Buy the coin - Not the slab!!""" That is why if the picture stinks - NEXT....
    Last edited by eaxtellcoin; 11-21-2017 at 06:21 PM.

7. Likes duece2seven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaxtellcoin View Post
    I'm going that Tracy's coins above are MD. Shelf like and no serifs = MD
    The moral of the story is ""Buy the coin - Not the slab!!""" That is why if the picture stinks - NEXT....
    The doubling on my coin flies in the face of everything you guys have taught me that exemplifies true die doubling. I bought this coin years ago on a gamble I would never take today if I saw that much MD.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say I sure hope for PCGS' sake that Coop is
    wrong because they will be purchasing a many a strike doubled quarter if he's right!
    I'm not sure if they're all the variety or not but if some are wrong it can go several ways.

1) Giving them credit because they do buy back grading errors and some attributions. Hopefully they would make everyone happy if they goofed and buy any coins if they are sent in for review, that would be the best outcome.

The less good outcomes could be:

2)They say it was a mechanical error and fix the label for free. See guarantee below.

3)Or even if the variety itself is dis-proven, there's no buyback, they attribute to an FS number (or any number) not guarantee that the variety is what the the experts thought. Examples, many TPGs slabbed 81 D/S cents with FS numbers, 56 cent OMMs and 1914/13 nickels. If you have one it's still the right FS number or variety number even if the variety is debunked.

Read the guarantee, it's not always a clear-cut thing if an attribution is wrong and they get to decide (I give them credit they're pretty reputable) but attributions aren't as clear-cut as grading errors. Was this an obvious mistake or not is the question, and obvious to you or me or them is part of it. I say it isn't clear-cut because most varieties are not obviously yes or no or we would not need a forum LOL

The guarantee says this:

"A variety attribution that is obviously incorrect. For example, if you had a normal date 1942 Mercury dime, but the PCGS holder showed the coin as a much rarer 1942/1 overdate, this coin would not be covered by the PCGS Guarantee as the date is obviously normal. Another example would be if you had a 1945 Mercury dime with an obviously normal size mint mark, but the PCGS holder showed the coin as a "Micro S." This coin would not be covered by the PCGS Guarantee since the mint mark is obviously normal size."

https://www.pcgs.com/guarantee