Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 67
    I still don't understand why to go through all the trouble with those sites. I just take a pic and either save to the phone or email. With the scope I save it straight to the computer. Then I write my post and use attachments. If you don't want to save to the computer just leave it in your emails. If the hard drive ever crashes it's still in your email.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 61
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    I still don't understand why to go through all the trouble with those sites. I just take a pic and either save to the phone or email. With the scope I save it straight to the computer. Then I write my post and use attachments. If you don't want to save to the computer just leave it in your emails. If the hard drive ever crashes it's still in your email.
    Not sure either, but it could be because photo files can be so large and it takes up so much space on your computer but I would get several flash drives and save them that way I think. Also, some of those photo web hosting sites get a lot of traffic so if someone is trying to get internet exposure, that would help get the photos seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 16
    I am going through all of our main home, site pages and eliminating any links to images hosted on outside servers. This is an issue that will only continue to happen and potentially get worse as these image hosting sites change their terms of service and usage with the result of sites like ours showing broken links messages. Members are free to use whatever outside services they prefer within posts, but for our information pages we need to keep them on the server itself and available in the future without interruption. If anyone sees additional broken links on lincolncentforum.com that I have missed please shoot me a PM or post them here so they can be adjusted.

Will as I mentioned before if there are updates to the glossary or any other pages send them to me and I will make any needed adjustments. Thanks.
    ANA, CONECA, FUN, NGC, PCGS

5. Thanks jfines69, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Cool... Now we know it is in the works to get fixed... Just need to be patient as it can take some time with all of the postings that have been put on the LCF... Thanks for the update Peter!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 61
    Thank you very much Peter for the update! We appreciate everything you and Roger do to make the LCF a great place to be!

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 179
    The reason people used them was that for a decade or more those sites said you had tons of or unlimited free storage and allowed you to post on forums. Similar to making the same assumptions with free email, they say you have tons of free storage but someday they could cut it way back unless you pay. I will not be surprised, most "free" emails are already splitting features so the free versions have less features.

The best bet is keep your stuff on a flash drive or something and use the forum server to post.

9. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    The reason people used them was that for a decade or more those sites said you had tons of or unlimited free storage and allowed you to post on forums. Similar to making the same assumptions with free email, they say you have tons of free storage but someday they could cut it way back unless you pay. I will not be surprised, most "free" emails are already splitting features so the free versions have less features.

The best bet is keep your stuff on a flash drive or something and use the forum server to post.
    You are correct on that... I have a separate storage drive that I hook up from time to time... I load all my keepable files onto it!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

11. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post