Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: LD 1960d RPM033

Post Thanks / Like

LD 1960d RPM033

Continuing with what willbrooks started...

Looks like very early stage A [to me]. Do not see any significant scratches underneath the 'U' in trust. Chip on right cornice, light clash left of date, scratches around date and 'Liberty.'

1 - Can the obverse be one stage and the reverse another stage?

2 - How can the sharp corner be created on the bottom right side of the 'd'? It seems like it should be rounded.

Luckily 1960d's are numerous.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TPring; 12-23-2017 at 03:39 PM.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it could be 033... Can you get a closer pic of the date/MM and as straight on as possible... I can not tell if the MM is in the correct location... Makes it a little easier for this old man to identify the RPM Also it is always good to included links to either CC, VV, Wexlers or any other site you have gotten your info from... It helps spped up the search... CCs 033 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=lds VVs 033 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...960DRPM033.htm Now for your 1st question - Yes they can be different stages... Take a look at VVs 033 and notice that on Stage F there is no die chip on the east (rt) cornice as was on Stages A thru E... The rev die was changed... On the 2nd question to me it looks as if that portion was not punched in enough to show the rounded section completely... Hope that helps a little!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks VAB2013, TPring thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions and answers. Still trying to figure out how to hide a link in some text [found the post and just have to experiment].

Yes, it is confusing trying to verify between different sites -- Seems like there should be some type of standardization.

I noticed that VV had far more information [pics/entries] than CC so I use that site for most comparisons [though I do like the layout on CC better].

When I log onto CC, it often shows [what look to be] incomplete links that show up as HTML coding [entries that are not clickable] -- Is that the way it is at the CC site or are they in the process of updating [or other]?

Aaaarrrggh, stayed up until 2:30 then had to get up around 6:00 because my dog wanted to go out -- Now I'm up for the duration.

Hard to get good closeup because of my phone/cam and lighting. Let me know if this is not sufficient.

Now for the pic...
    Last edited by TPring; 12-24-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it ok to download your images and work with them a bit??? I think I can help you out but will need to modify the pics a bit... They will still be a bit blurry but we should be able to make a determination of some sort!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

7. Thanks TPring thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Is it ok to download your images and work with them a bit???
    Yes that is fine, thanks. Just let me know if the current pics are not sufficient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post
    Yes that is fine, thanks. Just let me know if the current pics are not sufficient.
    Cool... Let me see what I can come up with for you!!!
    Jim

10. Thanks VAB2013, TPring thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you are correct on it being 033... Way to go... I used VVs 033 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...960DRPM033.htm to do the attribution on yours... This die was used a lot and VV lists Stages A thru I... The only markers I could match up on yours are from Stage B at the edge of the vest due west of the 1... There are a few die abrasions (scratches) that match up... The heavy abrasions around your date an MM make me think your is even later than Stage I but I am not 100% sure on that... I included a pic with pointers for the abrasions I could match... Thanks for letting me help you out!!!

P.S. I had to tweak your pics a bit!!!
    Jim

12. Thanks VAB2013, TPring thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats TPring! You and Jim did a very good job figuring this one out! They can be tough!

14. Thanks TPring thanked for this post