Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy from Soder47

Hello from a new member on this site. I go by Soder47 but my first name is Erik. Some of you may know me from the other groups online. I very well may be a friend of yours if you do alotof Facebook groups. If not I look forward to meeting you all . I am looking forward to becoming acquainted with the group. I have been aware of this forum for sometime now. I just never got around to posting anything here. I have been into numismatics for a bit over 6 years now . It has truly been a great source of stress relief for me. Not to mention the fun I have enjoyed in the people and information I have gained. I look forward to expanding my knowledge and friendships with you all. Thank for running this forum and allowing me to get involved with it. Sincerely Soder47 (Erik)

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Not on Facebook so] Welcome to the forum Erik.

Do you do concentrate on certain coins? Or variations?

You are on later than most, most of the others are in eastern time zones and am sure will be on later this morning.
    Last edited by TPring; 12-29-2017 at 12:25 AM.

4. Thanks Soder47 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick response. Oddly enough I live in Connecticut and I am on the East Coast. I just find this is the quietest calmest time without getting interrupted by the phone or the kids or any of the other stuff you have to deal with during the waking hours . Ha ha I guess you could call me real night owl. I actually have a wide range of collecting That I am into. But for a few years now I have gotten into varieties quite a bit. There’s just so much you can learn once you start really looking at the details of coins as far as varieties go. I’m actually checking out the 19 09VDB then I have an a PCGS holder. The Coin is in immaculate condition except for the fact that he created genuine fingerprints UNC details. So I just started examining to see if there was anything pertaining to DDR in that me enough I found a link on this site for it. How about yourself? What is your main Area that you concentrate in with collecting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome fellow night owl Erik

The Coin is in immaculate condition except for the fact that he created genuine fingerprints UNC details.
    You never know with TPGs but for the most part fingerprints alone will not cause it to be "details" graded. Most likely they think they see something else.

7. Thanks Soder47 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information I'm gonna have to look into what the details is pertaining to on the slab. I tried to download pictures of the slab but I'm unfamiliar with this site at the moment. It won't take me long to figure it out and get very comfortable posting here though. Once again i appreciate your response. I may have uploaded the photos but I'm not positive. 🤓
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Thanks GrumpyEd, TPring thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the LCF Erik! I have never seen that on any slab much less PCGS. I'll be curious to see what the others say.

11. Thanks Soder47 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erik, Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

Nice looking Lincoln but I'm wondering if the coin has been recolored?
    I've come across other coins with similar uneven "spotty" off red and have been wanting to post images to get opinions. That uneven red doesn't seem to be the same as other certified coins. Here is a link to a recolored one. LINK .

So I'll be interested to see what others say.

(BTW- I lived in Ct. for about 7 yrs. just south of Springfield, Ma. which is home to the Cat in the Hat, NBA Hall of Fame, Indian Motor cycles and Springfield Rifles)

13. Thanks Soder47 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, Erik !

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome,
    Is soder for söder?

Mici

Post Thanks / Like
    Soder is For Soderstrom. Soder was my nickname in high school. ��