Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Funny you should say this, actually I have and I still had to create a paper dome to cover the bulb with. The night light bulb I found was clear (didn't see any white ones in the store that would probably work better). The light fixture is a decorate one with a cracked glass shade/cover. It will accommodate a small base bulb (chandelier or night light type) and the base of the fixture is square so I can lay it on it's side and move it around to where I need light. Tellin' ya... this girl ain't afraid of looking dumb and trying just about anything Today I was shooting a super shiny heavily abraded SKH through a toilet paper roll with holes cut in the sides
    As long as it works it ain't dumb
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    As long as it works it ain't dumb
    Thank you Jim! Oh, I found some white night light bulbs the other day, haven't tried them out yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you Jim! Oh, I found some white night light bulbs the other day, haven't tried them out yet
    Cool... Let us know how it does for you!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may help, Kodak-Reference-Book. Should be on Ebay. (well, not mine, but others)

That's funny, the link of the magnifier (http://blog.coinsupplyplanet.com/top...ve-coin-tools/ ). I have something similar. Made by B&L (Bausch & Lomb, Uno Lab). Still working after 20 years. Haven't changed the bulb since. Am amazed it keeps on going.

kodak-reference-handbook.jpg 20190111_122944.jpg

7. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for this info! I have seen info on the Ott light before and started to consider it. The article refers to full spectrum light it just made me think about the lights I used to have on my 220 gal all male Haps African Cichlid tank. That was such an awesome tank with some 10-12 inch wild caught Lake Malawi Cichlids! The lighting had to be full spectrum with natural white daylight for them to grow and thrive (and it also helped to bring out their awesome colors). Now that has me wondering how to create the same lighting for coins! The lights sat on top of the glass lids in the back... I'm going to have to give this some more thought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an aquarium once. Except, it was salt water. Little sharks swimming around.

Then I got a seahorse. It was really cute. Well, after the sharks were gone. But, moving and all, eventually, so did the tank. It was quite big.
    So just looked up --Cichlids-- didn't know about them. They are quite beautiful. See, I like colors. They are pretty colorful.

I used to take a lot pictures. Had a Minolta at the time (not the plastic ones, but metal), and cokin filters. Hoya are excellent, and tiffen. You may need a polarizing filter. That should take care of neutralizing the white light.

So, below, pictures I've taken. I guess, it's how we look at things, sometimes. Around Europe.

img435.jpg img286.jpgimg139.jpg img429.jpg img269.jpg img174.jpg

img317.jpg

Piazza San Marco. Drove there three times. Through Venice. Also got lost there.
    Obviously, survived.

And, through Paris. Notre Dame. Didn't allow to take pictures, but I did, anyway. See, you have to set the camera, then, to manual. No flash. The lowest setting.

img316.jpg

That was with a cokin filter. In europe.

img018.jpg

See, so light. Even if snow, you can still take a picture.

img245.jpg

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing the pics! They are amazing! You are quite a photographer, and all the places you have been are really cool! One of my favorite pics is image 139, where was that one taken? Glad you didn't get lost too bad in Venice!

Post Thanks / Like
    img139, I took in Aschaffenburg, Germany.

Well, as far as Venice, that's another story. Drove there 3 times. At one time, I went to a hotel. And then decided to go walking. It started to get dark outside. I walked, and as Italy is famous for one way streets; then, ended up at this grocery store. Bought a soda, and then, am thinking, where is the hotel? So I asked the owner, how do I make it back? I didn't know the name of the hotel; my luggage was there. And my passport. Everything. So, now am faced with---how and where do I make it back. To where. But I remembered the hotel had statues at the entrance. I had taken a picture of them. I drew them, right there at the store, and the owner said--- yah, I recognize that. And he gave me directions on how to make it back. Lots of walking. And he didn't speak English. All in Italian.

This was the hotel. Exasperated, to say the least. But, it was good when I made it back.

img359.jpg

It's funny-- at the Piazza San Marco, 2 statues are missing off the top of the building.

...and this one, was in Monaco. Decided to swim all the way past the bouyous, and all the way to that island. Then, when I got there, looked down, and couldn't see anything in the water. That's when I thought--- what if there are sharks there? It was so dark. So, I turned over on my back, and swam that way all the way to the shore. I thought I would never reach it.
    img437.jpg

And this one, when I was in East Germany, before they took down the wall. Well, I was at the wall, when they did take it down.

img165.jpg

And sometimes, you have to capture things in motion.

img116.jpg img126.jpg img110.jpg

Keep with photography. I am starting again.

(Didn't mean to be so long in the post)

Notre Dame, is also beautiful. Although they don't allow flash when you take pictures. I didn't. Somehow, managed to take a picture. The others, with the monks sittings by the pews, are lost.

img215.jpg
    Last edited by mindtab; 01-11-2019 at 10:52 PM.

13. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! So it was taken in Germany, I love that photo! All of your photos tell a great story of your travels and they are very interesting to see and connect with the things that happened! I have enjoyed seeing all of them very much! I have never heard of Piazza San Marco, or that two of the statues were missing... maybe Bob knows, that's his last name!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Viv. Yah, like someone would say "Marco, Polo. But the Piazza is in Italy. And noticed the two statues missing. I was wondering why. There are also a lot of pigeons there.

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post