Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pics!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys... I was at Wally World yesterday and I got a cheap light bulb that I really like! It was around $2.50 Great Value LED General Purpose 40 Watt Equivalent "DAYLIGHT" Non Dimmable Medium Base Shatter Resistant LED. I cringed at the LED part but the DAYLIGHT part kind of caught my attention. I was actually shocked how much better the real color of the coin showed up on this pic I took last night. LOL I just saw on the box it says it LASTS 9 YEARS!!!! LOL... can't go wrong with that!!! Anyway... here's the pic I was talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool... That is a nice pic... Did you have to adjust it at all???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Viv, I just bought this LED light. It's 4W, but actually really bright. And comes with little magnets (one is built in), so you can attach it to a work space. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Cool... That is a nice pic... Did you have to adjust it at all???
    Thank you Jim! No... I didn't have to adjust anything, it's a light bulb miracle! I am really very happy and shocked! I have it in the reading/task adjustable gooseneck of an el'cheapo floor lamp, this is exactly the one https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...yABEgJIQ_D_BwE

The only thing different is the white plastic shade on the adjustable light cracked on mine so I just took it the rest of the way off, came off pretty easy.

One disclaimer: I haven't tried this bulb with a shiny Shield cent yet, but that 55S wheat I posted is really shiny and red and it captured the color of it great! I hope I'm this happy with what it will do for Shields!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 01-14-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mindtab View Post
    Viv, I just bought this LED light. It's 4W, but actually really bright. And comes with little magnets (one is built in), so you can attach it to a work space. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    That is really cool! It's nice that it is dimmable! Looking forward to seeing your pics with it!