Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: 1983 lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

1983 lincoln

hello everyone my first attempt at pictures.hope they turned out
    I need some help with the word liberty,It seems like the 19 is MD but not sure on the word liberty?
    and help will be appreciated and thanks for looking

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it's md. You can tell by the fact if you visually remove the doubling the letters are smaller than normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your photos are good, the color is real good and your full coin shot is very good too! Just a tad blurry on the LIB of Liberty which is what I wanted to see closer. The L and B are two places I look at first for doubling on an 83, the horizontal base of the L and inside of the B and/or notching on the lower left of Liberty.

I agree with you and enamel the 19 and ERTY is MD but can't say for certain about LIB because of the blur. I would say it's possible to have a doubled die and machine doubling at the same time. The reason I say this is the 83 look to have slight doubling and there could be something going on with the LIB, just need to look closer at that. How does IGWT look?

Here is a link to one of the sites where you can see awesome photos to compare your finds to doubled dies https://coppercoins.com/advsearch.php
    Last edited by VAB2013; 01-10-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than blurry your pics look pretty good... Good call on the MD!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!