Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's just one of the indicators Viv. To really be able to observe what is and isn't die wear, you would obviously need a better coin. We have all seen where the tops of the letters/devices start getting mushy and die flow lines begin to appear. That is wear die wear comes into play. Sharper edges of letters normally means an earlier die state. You can learn a lot about die states and subsequently die wear by just looking at the outer edges of the devices.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbebob View Post
    That's just one of the indicators Viv. To really be able to observe what is and isn't die wear, you would obviously need a better coin. We have all seen where the tops of the letters/devices start getting mushy and die flow lines begin to appear. That is wear die wear comes into play. Sharper edges of letters normally means an earlier die state. You can learn a lot about die states and subsequently die wear by just looking at the outer edges of the devices.
    Thank you Bob! This just reminded me, do you have another fun learning exercise coming up for us? No prizes needed, just the fun of learning, and having you teach us is the best prize!

3. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Sheila ruley, jfines69 liked this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking about a couple of things for the forum. I just want to make sure I have everything I need before you folks tear me apart
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Sheila ruley, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking about a couple of things for the forum. I just want to make sure I have everything I need before you folks tear me apart
    You always have everything you need and if not Bobnogg
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

7. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, mustbebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Thank you Bob! We are ready for whatever you have in mind and look forward to another fun learning exercise! I'm sure we will have a lot of questions, but I know you can take on the LCF bunch... one handed!

9. Likes Sheila ruley, mustbebob liked this post