Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Another mean can coin!!

Additional Information
    Date: 1958
    Variety: RPM
    Mint: Denver
    Coppercoins: 1958D-1MM-043

I felt the urge to grab another coin from my aggravation can for some reason and this is what I got. I have let this one nearly drive me crazy but think it 043 (http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds). As I am very green on the RPM's I could use some help. I was also looking at 034. Thanks for looking, Jon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes TPring, VAB2013, duece2seven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm -- Your mint mark looks a bit to the east and a bit more upright.

Where can I find one of those cans?

Probably just lighting and wear.
    Last edited by TPring; 01-19-2018 at 10:47 PM.

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post

I think the positioning is correct but I could be wrong. The bottom serif is what I had a hard time matching. The split is way under the mm and is almost horizontal instead of the usual near 45 degree angle. As for the can, you can have mine! Thanks for looking!

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is Jim? I'm not awake good yet LOL

Jon, I remember you had another one from that can that made you say a few bad words and go get some eggnog! Let's see what Jim has to say

8. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post

I think that may be due to the image on CC being rotated slightly CCW???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks TPring thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not CCs 034 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=lds Your MM is to far south and slightly east... As for being 043 I am not sure... Your rev markers do not appear to match as your die dot looks to far south and the crack on the east stalk on yours looks to far east... The crack on the head of yours does not appear to go toward the back side of the head like CCs sample http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds then CCs image for that is rotated CW??? An over lay would probably help... One other thing I noticed is your arrows do not match - CCs are long and black yours are short and red Sorry but with all my other babble I could not resist If you wish I can do an over lay for you!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

12. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Where is Jim? I'm not awake good yet LOL

Jon, I remember you had another one from that can that made you say a few bad words and go get some eggnog! Let's see what Jim has to say
    Heh, heh. The can brings out the best in me!

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Not CCs 034 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=lds Your MM is to far south and slightly east... As for being 043 I am not sure... Your rev markers do not appear to match as your die dot looks to far south and the crack on the east stalk on yours looks to far east... The crack on the head of yours does not appear to go toward the back side of the head like CCs sample http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds then CCs image for that is rotated CW??? An over lay would probably help... One other thing I noticed is your arrows do not match - CCs are long and black yours are short and red Sorry but with all my other babble I could not resist If you wish I can do an over lay for you!!!
    I agree with pretty much everything. This one has many markers of which I have found on other listings but the mm was not quite right. Did you notice how low and level the split on the bottom is? That's what I'm having a hard time matching too. Your right, the arrows are different colors! You are such a mess.

I feel like I'm asking too much with you doing another overlay but that would be really cool with this one. Thank you Jim!

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything. This one has many markers of which I have found on other listings but the mm was not quite right. Did you notice how low and level the split on the bottom is? That's what I'm having a hard time matching too. Your right, the arrows are different colors! You are such a mess.

I feel like I'm asking too much with you doing another overlay but that would be really cool with this one. Thank you Jim!
    I will get it done for you today... It is no problem for me to do and it helps me out also... I'm easy
    Jim

18. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    With permission from Copper Coins (Thanks Bob, You the Man) I have created 2 overlays... The first is Jons RPM over CCs 043 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds and the 2nd is Jons over CCs 054 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds If you look closely at the CC 043 overlay you can see the shadow of CCs MM slightly west and south west of Jons RPM confirming it is not CCs 043 extremely close but even with die wear the difference in location is major... I searched thru CCs 58D RPMs and the match I found was 054... I do not see the chip in the B of LIBERTY so yours should be an EDS... Way to go!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

20. Thanks makecents thanked for this post