Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1999P Possible Radical Misaligned Die Clash

Additional Information
    Date: 1999P

I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone here, but I'm wondering if this could be a Radical Mad Die Clash.

I did my own overlay by taking photos of another 1999P cent. It was very challenging to flip and rotate the reverse image, but I think I did it correctly although the overlay software would not allow me to rotate the top image (reverse) exactly to the point where I wanted it to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job on playing with the overlay Viv. Having fun yet?
    In order to be a Rad Mad, you should be able to see incuse areas around the inside edge of the curved portion. This would be the tops of the letters. Do you see anything like that?
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Bob! I'm still looking but not seeing anything for certain on the obverse. There is a dark line down Lincoln's face that would be in the same spot as the edge of the coin but I'm trying to not get excited about that. I'm really not sure what I am seeing on the reverse is a die clash... or something else.

Edit: Bob, this was a real brain twister for me! Fun, but difficult at the same time! Then I ran out of daylight so I will look again tomorrow after work.
    Last edited by VAB2013; 01-21-2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Edit

6. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is very cool Viv, both the clash and your overlay work!! I have not looked at any of the software yet but with recent work Jim has done for me, I will probably look into it shortly.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think something happened in that area as there are a lot of abrasions visible in B11... On your over lay what I do not see is where there would be a clash at the tops of B10 and B11??? On the close up of the bays I also see something on and just east of M10 (Medallion 10) and the T of LIBERTY does not line up with that area as well as at the top of B10 and B11... To me it looks as if it could be from a feeder finger???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post