Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply in awe of your abilities Ray.
    Thank you for sharing your findings.

2. Thanks ray_parkhurst thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Those images are all with a different lense but the same camera??? It looks like the lighting was at the same angle and intensity??? Yet there appeasr to be differences in each image??? Unless my glasses just blew out on me
    Yep, same lighting and camera for each shot, just changed lenses. This was easier since all the lenses had same focal length, so similar working distance. I just found a good position for the lights and kept them there.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    Yep, same lighting and camera for each shot, just changed lenses. This was easier since all the lenses had same focal length, so similar working distance. I just found a good position for the lights and kept them there.
    I didn't even consider the focal length and that can make a big difference in the final out come... Very cool... Did you do any image stacking or just a single photo???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I didn't even consider the focal length and that can make a big difference in the final out come... Very cool... Did you do any image stacking or just a single photo???
    All of these were stacked to some extent. Some required more images than others to get a good stack. You can pretty much tell which lenses were really good, regular, or poor based on how many images were needed for the stack. I shot all at f5.6, except the ones that were not adjustable. At f5.6 you need to stack a Lincoln Cent shot, since depth of field is insufficient for a single image.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com