Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    Great looking coins. My favorite...your 46-S Inverted in MS66. Superb! Also really like the toning on the 47-D, and I'm jealous of your 43-D RPM. A most enjoyable collection.

I do see one coin that is either the wrong picture, or incorrectly attributed. Your 56-D RPM#8 is actually a 56-D&S WDMM-001.
    I think you are correct... I checked with CCs 1OM-001 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=eds and the MM and extra MM look spot on... Cool!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks WaterSport thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well It would not be the first mistake I made Lol. Getting all the designations to match pictures from about 1983-1984 varieties was challenging enough let alone all of 28, thats right 28, 2009 cents!

So this set officially starts after I kept getting ripped off with cleaned coins that were raw going in to my Capitol plastic set. That was about March of 2003. Since then I got smarter and was able to resume finishing off the Capitol Plastic set while building a higher graded plastic set. The plastic set consisted of all differant holders then with a goal of 63 R&B. Then I decided to take the big leap, and crossed over all the different slabs to just PCGS. Once the business strikes were done, I started the proofs, then when they were done I went for the Matte proofs. And shortly after that, the CPG comes out and its all history. Interestingly, I was the top set in 2008 when PCGS acknowledged Varieties. The reason being I had already been collecting them in mostly ANACS holders. So while everyone else was scrabbling to find them, I just sent mine in for crossover. Thats when I realized its folks like most of you here who are in the trenches finding these coins through your roll searches. If it was not for you, none of those top sets at either PCGS go NGC would probably exist.

WS

4. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a really nice set started there Only 28 of the 2009s is not to bad... I noticed you don't have all of the 60D RPMs tho Does this mean you are going to put together a CPG set in 63+... That would be one heck of a set to get!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!