Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: 1952 D/S OMM

Post Thanks / Like

1952 D/S OMM

I found what appears to be a '52-S D/S OMM. The only example I can find in my searches references an image of the bottom curve of the S, south of the D, and that there are die markers for this variety. I also read that there is some disagreement if these known examples are actually OMMs, and that there are at least two D/S OMMs attributed; I can only find one image of such an OMM. Mine has what clearly appears to be an S north of the D, so my mind wanders, wondering if this has yet to be attributed, or whether my eyes are playing tricks on me. Anyone know of specifics on the '52 D/S OMMs--how many there are and details? I will get a pic up soon, but I have been looking at this bad boy under a 60x loupe, and am not sure how clearly detailed I can get it for upload. Stay tuned...

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. '52 D/S OMM, not '52-S D/S OMM. I need to get more sleep!

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is one known 1952 D/S over mint mark. It has the curve of the S under the D as you noted. We need to see some pics of what you have. Without them, everything is merely a guess.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be an awesome find... Did you check out CC yet http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds Hope we see some pics???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    After a good acetone bath, the S I was seeing, which appeared quite clear, was nicely laid crud masquerading very convincingly in an S shape. No one is as sorry as I am for wasting the LC Forum's time. Back to the search!

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't sweat the small stuff. We are glad you were able to find out what it was. Keep searching and you are sure to find something nice.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Prince View Post
    After a good acetone bath, the S I was seeing, which appeared quite clear, was nicely laid crud masquerading very convincingly in an S shape. No one is as sorry as I am for wasting the LC Forum's time. Back to the search!
    No waste of time on any ones part... This is how we all learn and progress the hobby... Now you know what to do in the future!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!