Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1930 P cent with am irregular 0 in the date.

Additional Information
    Date: 1930

Sorry for all the posts, this is probably the last for a lil bit until i find some more odd looking coins. i have 2 1930s and when i was just putting them away the 0 on one was...off. this '30 doesn't look anything like the date on my other so what could have caused this? when i saw it first thing that came to my mind was "flat tire" lol. one of those pics is the other '30 cent i was comparing it to as well.... do you all think this from the mint, or possibly PMD?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to be sorry Coin Wired, that's what everyone is here for. It's always better to ask than to wonder and not learn.

The zero on your coin is like you thought, it has taken a hit and now it has a flat tire LOL Don't worry at all about asking questions, the questions that we ask help a lot of other people too!

Edit: I checked out the reverse of your coin too and it's not a doubled die but that's a nice wheat for a 1930!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Vivien... There is also some damage on the 3!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post