Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Angels overhead!

I went to the local building department today which is adjacent to our local Airfield. I was pleasantly surprised to see preparations overhead for this weekend's Air Show.
    Stunt planes, aerial acrobatics, and synchronized flying. Absolutely awe inspiring.
    Enjoy the images.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice... I didn't know the Blue Angels flew bi-planes, zeros and P40s
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I thought this might draw your attention Jim.
    I got some great video of the Blue Angels as well as a couple of stills.
    Funny you should mention what they do not fly because there was one lady I was talking to in the parking lot who insisted that the Blue Angels were flying the biplanes and all the others. I tried to explain to her that they flew just the jet planes, but she was insistent.
    She did not think anybody but the Blue Angels had the capabilities or equipment for the other planes you mentioned.
    We all know the Blue Angels for flying extremely fast but there was one sequence that looked like the Blue Angel was Landing like a bird on the water, coming in very very slow. Using gravity and thrust and his plane on about a 60 degree angle to the ground to fly parallel to the runway. It reminded me of a dolphin tale walking on the water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post

Somehow I thought this might draw your attention Jim.
    I got some great video of the Blue Angels as well as a couple of stills.
    Funny you should mention what they do not fly because there was one lady I was talking to in the parking lot who insisted that the Blue Angels were flying the biplanes and all the others. I tried to explain to her that they flew just the jet planes, but she was insistent.
    She did not think anybody but the Blue Angels had the capabilities or equipment for the other planes you mentioned.
    We all know the Blue Angels for flying extremely fast but there was one sequence that looked like the Blue Angel was Landing like a bird on the water, coming in very very slow. Using gravity and thrust and his plane on about a 60 degree angle to the ground to fly parallel to the runway. It reminded me of a dolphin tale walking on the water.
    Maybe she remembers seeing the Blue Angels in their first air show Did a low speed pass to show off the jets capabilities... Cool!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    They fly directly over my house every Tuesday. I thought we were being invaded the 1st Tuesday morning after I moved to Pensacola!

7. Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duece2seven View Post
    They fly directly over my house every Tuesday. I thought we were being invaded the 1st Tuesday morning after I moved to Pensacola!
    Are they fairly close to the ground?
    They really are impressive with some of the manuevers they perform.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great sight to see! I am sure being there in person is very thrilling... and loud!!! Thanks for sharing the pics of the air show!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post

Are they fairly close to the ground?
    They really are impressive with some of the manuevers they perform.
    They just flew over a minute ago. I'd say 3-4 hundred feet high....ish. Close enough to vibrate the windows and mess up my pics!

11. Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duece2seven View Post
    They just flew over a minute ago. I'd say 3-4 hundred feet high....ish. Close enough to vibrate the windows and mess up my pics!
    That's low, I would say they have special permissions to fly that low. Must be a military exercise? Sorry 'bout your pics... are you fixing to post a new find??

13. Thanks duece2seven thanked for this post
    Likes duece2seven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If memory serves me correctly there deck is 100 ft above tallest structure in the projected flight path??? Even at 1000 ft when they come zipping by and kick in the afterburner it will rock your socks I love that stuff!!!
    Jim

15. Thanks VAB2013, duece2seven thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, duece2seven, TPring liked this post