Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1993 Memorial. I need help with this one!

Found this one in a customer roll I got from my bank. At first I figured it was just PMD until I looked at the reverse and saw “in god we” to the right of the building and “libe” through the “C” in one cent. Any ideas on what this is. It doesn’t look to me to be a “vise job”.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll see what the pros say but it looks like a couple of coins hung out in the press too long. It does not look like a vise job to me either but not sure. The lettering is backwards from the second impression though so there was a second coin involved.

I'm curious to see what others say but I think there may have been 3 coins involved.
    Last edited by makecents; 04-23-2018 at 04:59 AM.

4. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think Jon is correct about 3 coins and with the letters on obverse and reverse being backwards would put it in the vise job camp.
    Last edited by Petespockets55; 04-23-2018 at 08:45 AM.

6. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post
    Think Jon is correct about 3 and with the letters on obverse and reverse being backwards would put it in the vise job camp.
    That's what I thought when I found it but after a better look I saw that the "in god we" is not backwards, leading me to believe that it was created somehow at the mint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredcopper View Post
    That's what I thought when I found it but after a better look I saw that the "in god we" is not backwards, leading me to believe that it was created somehow at the mint.
    But it is backwards. You're looking at it wrong. Lay the coin oriented the way IN GOD WE should be and it will be backwards. You're looking at it from the outside in, not the inside out.

9. Thanks Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one is tricky but if you focus on the L (at the C of CENT), notice how the bottom bar is backwards.
    IN GOD WE is tricky also but it is reversed like John noted with the center of the coin on the bottom as you read it. Focus on the G of GOD and I think you'll see that it is reversed.

11. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    But it is backwards. You're looking at it wrong. Lay the coin oriented the way IN GOD WE should be and it will be backwards. You're looking at it from the outside in, not the inside out.
    You are absolutely right. Once again I learned something!! Thank you very much for your time and expertise.

13. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice vice job... Also we can tell it was a vice job due to the damage on the rims were the overlaying coins crushed the rims and were the rims of the overlaying coins crushed the lettering of your coin... Hope that helps a bit!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

15. Thanks Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Nice vice job... Also we can tell it was a vice job due to the damage on the rims were the overlaying coins crushed the rims and were the rims of the overlaying coins crushed the lettering of your coin... Hope that helps a bit!!!
    It certainly does. Thank you again for sharing your knowledge with me. It is greatly appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredcopper View Post
    It certainly does. Thank you again for sharing your knowledge with me. It is greatly appreciated!!
    Glad to help!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!