Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: Photoshop

Post Thanks / Like

Unanswered: Photoshop

Should I Photoshop my photos before submitting them? When I do and you zoom in it seem like everything is blurry. When I don't Photoshop them before submitting and just take a normal picture it send it in you can zoom in to a clear picture and not blurry. So I don't know

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 94
    Noel, photo shopping has nothing to do with it. You need to try to get a clear focused picture. When I first started doing photos for any forum I would sometimes take 30 or 40 to get the shot I wanted to be able to convey what I had to say and was asking questions about. It just takes time and effort.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 62
    It sounds like Noel is using a camera like I do because my images are guilty of the same thing. It is hard to know how clear and focused the image is on such a small screen until it is blown up to monitor size.

Here's a couple of tricks if you are using a phone (to keep them from being really horrible)-

-Try orienting them properly and emailing them to yourself (you can view in close to normal size)
    -You need a stand to hold the camera still and a bluetooth shutter to keep from jarring the screen while clicking the image.
    -My phone has the little box you can move around the image to tell it to focus here or there. Be sure to place the box in the area of the coin you are trying to be the most focused.

And Jon is right about taking lots of images so you can pick and choose some decent ones.
    And everyone else is right that has suggested to me a microscope or camera with macro lens.
    (One of these days Alice!)

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Photoshop as well as any other image editing software is ok to use just don't over do it... Some times adjusting the image properties can cause excessive pixelation... All you can do is practice... I use to take hundreds of pics to get just 1 useable... I got tired of that and went to image stacking software!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!