Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Moderator, Die & Variety Expert jcuve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1963 25c DDR-004 fs-801

I got this 1963 25c DDR-004 fs-801 from a LCF member Jay (jay4202472000) and I meant to do a write up, but I didn't get to it. I had wanted a version of this for my class VIII tutorial last year and couldn't locate an example. It seemed like a perfect case of class VIII and after making an examination it sure is!

It is strongest on the inside of C in AMERICA and the design rim in that relative region followed by the upper NW parts of M in AMERICA, O in OF and ST in STATES. I had a very hard time trying to one shot photograph it at a wider view where it showed all areas of doubling. Sorry.

Jason Cuvelier

MadDieClashes.com - ErrorVariety.com
    TrailDies.com - Error-ref.com - Port.Cuvelier.org
    CONECA

(images © Jason Cuvelier 2008-18)___________________

2. Thanks enamel7, VAB2013, jay4202472000 thanked for this post
    Likes enamel7, VAB2013, jay4202472000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like that one Jason and can see why you do also.

4. Likes jcuve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats for running across this very nice doubled die, and thanks to Jay also! Great photos Jason, take as many as you want to!

6. Likes jcuve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice DDR... Excellent photos... The only other images I could find is Wexlers WDDR-006 http://doubleddie.com/1370540.html VV lists 004 but there are currently no images!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Likes jcuve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great images Jason! Thanks for presenting this variety much better than I ever could. A little background on my experience with this variety: I have kept an eye out for this DDR ever since I noticed it on NGC Vartiety Plus. Somehow, over a two to three week period, I was lucky enough to pick 3 of these. Two had contact marks on the cheek. One was a little worse on the cheek, but was pretty clear of bag marks on the reverse (the one Jason has shown here). The other had a smaller mark on the cheek, but had some reeding dings on the reverse. I sold it on eBay also, to a member I used to see here quite often. I haven't seen them here in some time. The third one is practically mark free and I plan on keeping it. It's surely a fun one to look for, and easy to spot if it's on your radar and you have decent images. It does seem to be quite scarce though. There have only been a handful graded by NGC & PCGS, and none by ANACS. I haven't checked the populations in a few weeks though. Thanks again Jason!

10. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, jcuve liked this post