Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: 2006P-1DO-005

Post Thanks / Like

2006P-1DO-005

Additional Information
    Date: 2006P
    Variety: DDO
    Mint: Philadelphia
    Coppercoins: 2006P-1DO-005

Not 100% sure but pretty sure this is coppercoins 005. I don't think I've found this one before?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Viv.
    What was it abut this one that first got your attention? Thickness on the top of the T of LIBERTY?

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Cliff, actually it was the date since that is what I look at first tried to get the notches in ERTY to show up better by taking the pic upside down LOL

Just looked back at the listing and saw that it is one of Bob's discoveries! WTG Bob!!!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 05-12-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if those are the markers or not on 005. I kinda like 004 better though. The only definitive thing I can see is a die dot on the lower right hand side of the "Y" in LIBERTY, it's on it not beside it. I see it on yours and on the 004 listing. http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=eds

7. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    I'm not sure if those are the markers or not on 005. I kinda like 004 better though. The only definitive thing I can see is a die dot on the lower right hand side of the "Y" in LIBERTY, it's on it not beside it. I see it on yours and on the 004 listing. http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=eds
    Okay gotcha Jon, it's on the lower right corner of the Y (on the Y not the field). Let me see if that is a die dot or a stain. When I am trying to find these little die dots I look for something raised because there are so many little specks of stains, etc. Going to check n see! Thank you!

9. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your rev markers look close... I think what toy will need to do is compare the location of the splits pointed on CCs 004 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=eds and 005 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds On the close ups of the RTY 004s splits are just a little farther south the those on 005... The best I can tell is yours is closer to 005 than 004??? On 005 there appears to be either an abrasion or small crack at the 6 between the lower tip and heading NW toward the inside of the 6... It is crooked... There appears to be something located in the same area on your coin but I am not 100% as CCs image is rotated slightly CW compared to yours!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

11. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jon, I took a pic of what I think you are referring to on the Y for Die 004... (thank you Jon!)

Jim, I also took a pic of what I think you are referring to at the 6 for Die 005... (thank you Jim!)

Then I saw something that made a light bulb go off (finally!?#!) On the photo of RTY, the cross bar of the T looks more like Die 005 to me because it is lower at the bottom left and higher at the bottom right. Am I onto something or is that just a hit?

Edit: Jim, I'm sorry I cannot tell about the location of the notching on ERTY
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VAB2013; 05-13-2018 at 03:39 PM.

13. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Jon, I took a pic of what I think you are referring to on the Y for Die 004... (thank you Jon!)

Jim, I also took a pic of what I think you are referring to at the 6 for Die 005... (thank you Jim!)

Then I saw something that made a light bulb go off (finally!?#!) On the photo of RTY, the cross bar of the T looks more like Die 005 to me because it is lower at the bottom left and higher at the bottom right. Am I onto something or is that just a hit?

Edit: Jim, I'm sorry I cannot tell about the location of the notching on ERTY
    Well it looks like you guys are dead on with the 005! Good marker on the 6 and you proved me wrong with the marker I suggested! We'll see what the man says but it sure looks like the 005. Nice pics and work on this one guys!

15. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Well it looks like you guys are dead on with the 005! Good marker on the 6 and you proved me wrong with the marker I suggested! We'll see what the man says but it sure looks like the 005. Nice pics and work on this one guys!
    Thanks Jon! But really... I am not sure about the marker on the 6, to me it looks like dots in a line and the listed example looks more like a solid die crack. I'm with you bud, let's see what Jim the man has to say!

17. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice follow up pics... I think yours is a LDS of CCs 005 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds Your pic of the 06 shows some decent flow lines on the edges of the 06 that may also include a little slide MD... The line looks to be there in the 6 but worn fairly good... Also the notching appears to be there on the TY and is easier to see on the Y... Hope that helps!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

19. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post