Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

2004 P DDO? Maybe CC's 011

Additional Information
    Date: 2004
    Variety: DDO
    Mint: Philadelphia
    Coppercoins: 011

I'm not sure but the closest thing I can find is CC's 011. I don't know if it's distortion in the date or just die wear. I'm not sure of the marker at Abe's head maybe washed out by circulation or deteriorated die and there are no file lines in the memorial for the other marker.
    http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jon, I'm not sure but it doesn't seem to have the same extra thickness as CC-011. To me it seems more like CC-003.

But, this listing is confusing to me, coppercoins references that CC-003 is coupled with 2004P-1DR-003 and shows a pic of EPU, but coppercoins 2004P-1DR-003 is not the same thing but "For Informational Purposes Only"

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Jon, I'm not sure but it doesn't seem to have the same extra thickness as CC-011. To me it seems more like CC-003.

But, this listing is confusing to me, coppercoins references that CC-003 is coupled with 2004P-1DR-003 and shows a pic of EPU, but coppercoins 2004P-1DR-003 is not the same thing but "For Informational Purposes Only"
    Thanks for checking it out Viv!! Yeah, I was stuck on the 003 (obverse anyway) until I saw it was paired with the 1DR. That's a "Wavy Steps" listing that has been delisted where they are not considered DD's anymore. I don't have the Wavy Steps though.

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jon, 2004P-1DR-003 is not a wavy steps, it's a die chip, dent or gouge in the upper right hand corner of the bay where the statue is. Bob is showing this for informational purposes stating that it is his opinion that this is definitely not a doubled die. However, I am wondering if there is a mistake somewhere because 2004P-1DO-003 does show a photo of wavy steps.

8. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think this is CCs 011 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds or 003 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds The RTY of yours does not appear to be doubled on the north side of the letters they are real thin compared to CCs... Also the inside of your R is wide open and CCs is really narrowed due to the doubliing... On 003 there is notching on the NW corners of the letters and I do not see that on yours... The SE corner of your Y appear to show a notch and CCs does not... LIBERTY and the date of yours look to be flattened by circ wear but the Y on yours does have that notch and the east arm looks thicker than the west... Did you check out Wexlers http://doubleddie.com/728355.html yet???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I do not think this is CCs 011 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds or 003 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds The RTY of yours does not appear to be doubled on the north side of the letters they are real thin compared to CCs... Also the inside of your R is wide open and CCs is really narrowed due to the doubliing... On 003 there is notching on the NW corners of the letters and I do not see that on yours... The SE corner of your Y appear to show a notch and CCs does not... LIBERTY and the date of yours look to be flattened by circ wear but the Y on yours does have that notch and the east arm looks thicker than the west... Did you check out Wexlers http://doubleddie.com/728355.html yet???
    I checked all of Wexlers, CC's and VV's with no real luck. I just included the LIBERTY pic just in case but really did not notice anything there. The date was the only thing that got my attention an thought it may also just be die and circulation wear which I'm leaning more towards now. It just looked off to me.

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Jon, 2004P-1DR-003 is not a wavy steps, it's a die chip, dent or gouge in the upper right hand corner of the bay where the statue is. Bob is showing this for informational purposes stating that it is his opinion that this is definitely not a doubled die. However, I am wondering if there is a mistake somewhere because 2004P-1DO-003 does show a photo of wavy steps.
    I'm with ya now! I see why you were confused, I didn't look at the listing before I left this morning, totally different from it's reference. I took a pic of the area in question and it looks like I may have an earlier version of this gouge, maybe. I'm questioning whether it's even a DDO though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    I'm with ya now! I see why you were confused, I didn't look at the listing before I left this morning, totally different from it's reference. I took a pic of the area in question and it looks like I may have an earlier version of this gouge, maybe. I'm questioning whether it's even a DDO though.
    Thank you Jon! Yes, it is confusing and I'm sorry it threw a kink in getting your coin figured out. Would it be okay with you if I PM Bob to look at your coin to see what he thinks and also to look at this listing to see if there has been a mistake in the reverse attribution notes?

16. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    I checked all of Wexlers, CC's and VV's with no real luck. I just included the LIBERTY pic just in case but really did not notice anything there. The date was the only thing that got my attention an thought it may also just be die and circulation wear which I'm leaning more towards now. It just looked off to me.
    Thanks for the follow up... Die and circ wear sounds more like it to me!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

18. Thanks makecents thanked for this post